Stuck bucket

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

chuckinnc

First of all I am new to quick attach implements, I have a Bobcat and can't get the bucket off, one side was easy but I have added penetrating oil and beat the other side with a sledge hammer. There must be a trick or gimic to getting a stuck quick attach bucket off?

OldMachinist

You have most of the secret, penetrating oil and a big hammer. You'll need to add some heat from a torch. Apply oil, heat area the pin slides in and then hit the pin with hammer. Apply more oil and let cool. Repeat as many times as it takes to get the pin to move. The heating and cooling breaks up the rust and allows the oil to penetrate deeper. You should use a piece of soft metal(brass or aluminum) between the hammer and pin to prevent mushrooming the pin.

wings5j

You have most of the secret, penetrating oil and a big hammer. You'll need to add some heat from a torch. Apply oil, heat area the pin slides in and then hit the pin with hammer. Apply more oil and let cool. Repeat as many times as it takes to get the pin to move. The heating and cooling breaks up the rust and allows the oil to penetrate deeper. You should use a piece of soft metal(brass or aluminum) between the hammer and pin to prevent mushrooming the pin.
One thing I would add, is that after you get it loose do some investigating to determine where the binding occurs. Some days I go back and forth between several attachments, changing every few minutes.
If they were to get stuck on every time, not only does it slow things down, but you get tired out fighting it. My pallet fork is probably the worst. In its case, I have to be very careful when I put it on to be sure it is centered almost perfectly on the Bobtach. Some day I will probably wided the holes in the fork.
I would not make any modifications to the Bobtach unless you find something bent or binding that needs attention. Good luck.
John

mechtech

One thing I would add, is that after you get it loose do some investigating to determine where the binding occurs. Some days I go back and forth between several attachments, changing every few minutes.
If they were to get stuck on every time, not only does it slow things down, but you get tired out fighting it. My pallet fork is probably the worst. In its case, I have to be very careful when I put it on to be sure it is centered almost perfectly on the Bobtach. Some day I will probably wided the holes in the fork.
I would not make any modifications to the Bobtach unless you find something bent or binding that needs attention. Good luck.
John
Make sure that there is not a safety pin in the hole???
My 610 has a 1/4 in. safety pin the keeps the release levers from coming undone by themselves.
Good Luck