Starting Issues

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Scott Duncan

Just new to the forum, and hoping for some help. So I acquired an 825 Bobcat from a friend...and it has had its share of electrical modifications for sure, but I need to pass this by someone for an opinion. My friend has said he always keeps it plugged in...but its a block heater so it should not be needed in the summer. Basically, it appears that the battery is dead, as it will hardly turn the machine over. In the past I have boosted it, but have to hook onto the solenoid as you cannot get to the battery with cables. It would take almost 2 hours trying on and off to get this thing to run, and get some juice outta the battery. Seems funny right ? New episode, ....I plugged it in with a generator for about 45 minutes, and put a car battery in it that I know is good and has 975 CCA. Same thing, hardly turns over. With the new battery in it I was expecting it to turn over like crazy. Had to boost it (again at the solenoid) - but this time it started up after about 20 mins with the boost on it. I cant be boosting this thing all the time, and if it happens to stall, it wont go again. What would you suspect is wrong with this.... Would a bad solenoid cause these issues ? Thanks for the help

reed2022

Scot I would pull starter off and take to rebuild shop and have them to rebuild. I just had mine done and it cost $125 for new solenoid and total rebuild that way I should have to remove it again for sometime. That took care of my problem on my 743. Hope this helps! Br

Latest posts