Starter Removal 2004 New Holland LS180

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

W4SAL

Can someone tell me how to remove the starter on the 2004 New Holland LS180? I have lifted the hydraulic boom by releasing the pressure from the cylinders & using 2 front end loaders (front & back) to lift it so I can get to the side of the engine where the starter is located. What is the removal procedure? thanks

Mike10

Remove the wiring and the three bolts holding the starter. Move the starter nose towards the engine block. As you move the starter towards the block, lower and rotate the nose of the starter to clear the injection pump. Unhooking the throttle linkage from the injection pump will give you more room to use a ratchet, extension and swivel socket to reach the hard to reach bolt.

OP
OP
W

W4SAL

Remove the wiring and the three bolts holding the starter. Move the starter nose towards the engine block. As you move the starter towards the block, lower and rotate the nose of the starter to clear the injection pump. Unhooking the throttle linkage from the injection pump will give you more room to use a ratchet, extension and swivel socket to reach the hard to reach bolt.
Thanks for the info. I was wondering how to maneuver it out past the injection pump. I'll get it done in the morning.

OP
OP
W

W4SAL

Got the starter out in 10 minutes - no trouble - new one came in late today so in the morning I will get it up & going. thanks for all the info.
I put the new starter in & it started right up & I drove it around for 5-10 minutes - shut it down & restarted it - about an half an hour later I went to start it & back to NO start just a click. I just bought this machine so I don't know it's history. We did have a big rain & seat got real wet so I'm wondering if that can affect it? The seat has a rip down to the metal.

antfarmer2

I put the new starter in & it started right up & I drove it around for 5-10 minutes - shut it down & restarted it - about an half an hour later I went to start it & back to NO start just a click. I just bought this machine so I don't know it's history. We did have a big rain & seat got real wet so I'm wondering if that can affect it? The seat has a rip down to the metal.
I would put a battery charger on it and check it and the alt

OP
OP
W

W4SAL

Put the service/start switch in the service position. If the machine now starts, the problem is in the interlock system. If the machine does the same, it is in the start circuit.
Thanks again. I put a new battery in it when I bought it. I didn't know about the Service switch or I would have started there but I will do that this AM. Just had the operator manual downloaded & printed it last night for the basics & see the section on the service switch. I'll let you know how it goes. Really appreciate the help from the forum & members.

antfarmer2

Thanks again. I put a new battery in it when I bought it. I didn't know about the Service switch or I would have started there but I will do that this AM. Just had the operator manual downloaded & printed it last night for the basics & see the section on the service switch. I'll let you know how it goes. Really appreciate the help from the forum & members.
If you can add fluid to the battery check it some of them are shipped low for wieght and have not been topped off

OP
OP
W

W4SAL

If you can add fluid to the battery check it some of them are shipped low for wieght and have not been topped off
Problem is in the switch under the seat. It depended on how you sat in the seat for it to make contact.............thanks for all the help. I have fixed it & I'm good to go!!

antfarmer2

Problem is in the switch under the seat. It depended on how you sat in the seat for it to make contact.............thanks for all the help. I have fixed it & I'm good to go!!
Good to hear love it when it's cheap and easy!!!!!!!!