Starter drive and ring gear source for 642

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Cyclone Ranger

I did some shopping around and found two good sources for a starter drive and ring gear for a 642 with a 1.6L Ford. Starter drive: Van Bergen and Greener, Inc, PN# 4213HD, $5.95. Ring gear: just8Ns.com, PN# 9N6384, $20.00. Both companies were pleasant to work with.

Tazza

Staff member
Wow, that's a lot cheaper than i thought it would. Very nice find, thanks for sharing.

OP
OP
C

Cyclone Ranger

I'm sorry to say I jumped the gun on this post and put out some wrong information. While the starter drive information is correct, the ring gear information is not. The part number listed in the post is not the correct part.

Tazza

Staff member
I'm sorry to say I jumped the gun on this post and put out some wrong information. While the starter drive information is correct, the ring gear information is not. The part number listed in the post is not the correct part.
if you post the correct number, i can change it

Tazza

Staff member
I've been unable to find an alternative source for the starter ring gear. The Bobcat PN# is 6562279. It is $120.
Got ya, i guess its not that bad, i'm sure a new fly wheel would cost a bit if no ring gears were available on their own.

OP
OP
C

Cyclone Ranger

When replacing the starter drive you will also want to replace the retaining clip and seat. These can be had at the local parts store for around $2.00. The retainer kit is Borg Warner PN# SDK2.

OP
OP
C

Cyclone Ranger

When replacing the starter drive you will also want to replace the retaining clip and seat. These can be had at the local parts store for around $2.00. The retainer kit is Borg Warner PN# SDK2.
Another correction. SDK2 is not the correct retaining clip and stop ring for this starter. The correct clip is ACDelco PN# 1927848. You shouldn't need to stop ring.