Simple backhoe attachment

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Cam2

sorry, can't get any links to cut and paste in the last few days?
I have used them before, I believe it is called a "Stiff-arm back hoe". It works very effectively, but having to move the whole skidsteer to dump can be a pain......but, if weight is an issue with the other backhoe attachment, this will work.

OP
OP
X

xtreem3d

I have used them before, I believe it is called a "Stiff-arm back hoe". It works very effectively, but having to move the whole skidsteer to dump can be a pain......but, if weight is an issue with the other backhoe attachment, this will work.
for 500.00 more i found this one the same site. i realize it's not perfect but not bad for the money imo www.hilltopwelding.com/HTW%20Skid%20Hoe%20Swing.htm working w/ andimistrators to get my links working properly , sorry if this doesn't come through either, steve

kelly_b

for 500.00 more i found this one the same site. i realize it's not perfect but not bad for the money imo www.hilltopwelding.com/HTW%20Skid%20Hoe%20Swing.htm working w/ andimistrators to get my links working properly , sorry if this doesn't come through either, steve
Does not look too bad. Quite light too at only 600 and some pounds.

skidsteer.ca

Hot links fixed.
Tazza
What did you do to fix the link?
I edited the top one removing the http// at the front but it still would not apear as a link in the forum, though copy and paste the text in a new browser window and the page pops right up.
Ken

OP
OP
X

xtreem3d

Tazza
What did you do to fix the link?
I edited the top one removing the http// at the front but it still would not apear as a link in the forum, though copy and paste the text in a new browser window and the page pops right up.
Ken
tazza..thanks, i see my other links in the "mirror" thread work now also, was it me or the site? steve

mllud

tazza..thanks, i see my other links in the "mirror" thread work now also, was it me or the site? steve
I read feedback en these being hard on the boom & bottom pins . Is there a way to use these without tearing up things? If you could add some steel strap that wrapped around from the bottom of the mounting plate and attatched to the crossbar on the quick tach. it seems that might take some stress off the bottom pins. I am considering one of these. Looks handy. Mike

Tazza

Staff member
I read feedback en these being hard on the boom & bottom pins . Is there a way to use these without tearing up things? If you could add some steel strap that wrapped around from the bottom of the mounting plate and attatched to the crossbar on the quick tach. it seems that might take some stress off the bottom pins. I am considering one of these. Looks handy. Mike
Ken, i have no idea why it likes me so much, i simply put a space at the start of the address then put the cursor over the address and it lights up blue for a hyperlink. I'm not going to argue with it! As long as it works. I'm running just plain old IE too, Firefox doesn't play nice for me....

skidsteer.ca

I think with the mini hoe if you use your hoe bucket cylinder to do the breaking out of the material and opposed to theloaders bucket dump cylinders it would help save the lock pins alot. Additional side clamps would also help.
They must work because everybody and their dog seems to make one, even Bobcat, so the lock pins must take it. If you tear the holes out in the QA plate at least that is a minor fix.
I think its alot on what you expect and how tough you are your job are on things.
I have never used a mini hoe, I was lucky enought to get a 909 with my first loader. In our wet clay soils I think a mini hoe would force the loader to make a awful mess with the tires skidding to dump the spoil.
Ken

Luthor

I think with the mini hoe if you use your hoe bucket cylinder to do the breaking out of the material and opposed to theloaders bucket dump cylinders it would help save the lock pins alot. Additional side clamps would also help.
They must work because everybody and their dog seems to make one, even Bobcat, so the lock pins must take it. If you tear the holes out in the QA plate at least that is a minor fix.
I think its alot on what you expect and how tough you are your job are on things.
I have never used a mini hoe, I was lucky enought to get a 909 with my first loader. In our wet clay soils I think a mini hoe would force the loader to make a awful mess with the tires skidding to dump the spoil.
Ken
You're right Ken, the 3" bucket cylinder on my mini hoe sure makes light work of breaking out even the heavy clay soil in the trenches that I have been digging on my property in the Macedon Ranges in Victoria Australia. It has also performed beyond expectations in pulling out medium size tree trunk stumps and some quite large basalt rocks. At the moment we are in the middle of summer so the soil is very dry and I am kicking up a lot of dust when skidding to dump the bucket but that is no real problem.

Tazza

Staff member
You're right Ken, the 3" bucket cylinder on my mini hoe sure makes light work of breaking out even the heavy clay soil in the trenches that I have been digging on my property in the Macedon Ranges in Victoria Australia. It has also performed beyond expectations in pulling out medium size tree trunk stumps and some quite large basalt rocks. At the moment we are in the middle of summer so the soil is very dry and I am kicking up a lot of dust when skidding to dump the bucket but that is no real problem.
I just dug a trench for power/water/air. All the rain we have had lately is just insane, everything is just a big bog. I managed to get stuck in the trench and had to pull my self out with chains! We have clay and shale, damn that stuff is slick when wet! trying to get up the hill i had all 4 wheels spinning, fish tailing with 4 wheel drive is interesting to say the least, still fun till you slide sideways into the trench!
Luthor - i think you guys sent all your wet weather up to us!

Luthor

I just dug a trench for power/water/air. All the rain we have had lately is just insane, everything is just a big bog. I managed to get stuck in the trench and had to pull my self out with chains! We have clay and shale, damn that stuff is slick when wet! trying to get up the hill i had all 4 wheels spinning, fish tailing with 4 wheel drive is interesting to say the least, still fun till you slide sideways into the trench!
Luthor - i think you guys sent all your wet weather up to us!
Tazza, I just caught the end of the late news with a report on all the rain in the top end of Australia, that is insane, I wish we had some down here.

Tazza

Staff member
Tazza, I just caught the end of the late news with a report on all the rain in the top end of Australia, that is insane, I wish we had some down here.
We haven't had masses, but have had a bit, i'm a little lower down in Brisbane. Everywhere seems to need the rain these days!

Latest posts