Scat Trak 1350 Hard to start

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

mrblueox

Just got a 1350 for a decent price. Guy i bought it off of had no issues starting it when i went to see it and it was covered in snow. I now have issues getting it started. Glow plugs for a min or so then crank with a little throttle nothing, next with more throttle nothing usuall 3-4 time it will start for me. Is there any tips or tricks to get these things started my old mustang would start on the second crank without glow plugs. Thanks for any Help

Tazza

Staff member
Sadly, the seller may have pulled a sneaky on you. If the engine was warmed before you got there, it would start easier.
One thing i'd start with is pulling the glow plugs, make sure they aren't burnt up. They should glow right to the tip when you test them with a battery.
If they check out, change your fuel and air filters. If it's still not right, the next step is checking the compression. With a diesel, you should get over 300 PSI, even 300 is low.
If compression is good, the next step is injectors.
Start with the easy stuff first, plugs and fuel and air filters.

OP
OP
M

mrblueox

Sadly, the seller may have pulled a sneaky on you. If the engine was warmed before you got there, it would start easier.
One thing i'd start with is pulling the glow plugs, make sure they aren't burnt up. They should glow right to the tip when you test them with a battery.
If they check out, change your fuel and air filters. If it's still not right, the next step is checking the compression. With a diesel, you should get over 300 PSI, even 300 is low.
If compression is good, the next step is injectors.
Start with the easy stuff first, plugs and fuel and air filters.
Good possbility, Going to check plugs and probably do all new filters even though seller said he just changed them all. hopefully that helps.