S250 non starter no ignition lights

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Suttonpark

Hi, I have a 2002 S250 that I bought as a non runner. The machine has 1100hrs but has never had much maintenance. It will run on a remote start kit. It originally had a broken wire 1200 corroded through near the computer and a previous repair by the multiplug under the cab which wasn't very healthy. I have repaired these and now have 13 volts up to the ignition panel and through the switch when it is switched on. But nothing on the computer power wire 1900. Does anyone know what wire the ignition feed goes through to power up the machine and computer, as I thought it was wire 1900 and if it is my dash panel is shot but didn't want to spend $$$$$ to find out it went down another wire first and I have another break or bad earth. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Sorry in advance if there was a previous post with similar issues but I couldnt find anything

fredinstonewall

When I have a problem i call my dealer. If you can ask the right question ( or at least at my dealer) they will point you in the right direction. They have even sent me back into the shop to talk to the mechanic. hope that helps Fred

fredinstonewall

When I have a problem i call my dealer. If you can ask the right question ( or at least at my dealer) they will point you in the right direction. They have even sent me back into the shop to talk to the mechanic. hope that helps Fred
Forgot to mention They (the dealer) have emailed me the schematics on several systems. At the time I was having problems with my fuel system. Fred

OP
OP
S

Suttonpark

Forgot to mention They (the dealer) have emailed me the schematics on several systems. At the time I was having problems with my fuel system. Fred
I spoke to the dealer, one just wants to sell me a dash console. The other wouldnt know a Bobcat if it crashed through their front door. I don't think it is a dash console as from what I can gather I should have power up to the ignition on the 1220 wire and the 1920 wire. 1000-1999 wires being battery voltage. I only have it on the 1220 wire. I've checked the 1920 wire and repaired any bad connections. I checked for 12volts out of the computer and there wasn't any. Unless this 1920 wire is from the ignition switch to the computer????? Can anyone confirm. I then checked the 1110 1120 1130 wires into the computer, these were corroded where someone had previously damaged the insulation when doing a previous repair. With these repaired there is now power in to the computer, but still nothing. I then checked the two earth wires, 2100 and 2110. However on my machine I could only find 2900 and 2110, both appear to be good. Ive gone round all the ground/earth posts and cleaned them, admittedly there maybe more but I dont know. I will not be beaten on this one and am very reluctant to buy components when I pretty sure its a wiring issue, going on the amount of repairs I've had to do already. Having found out a little more info on this machine, it has only 1063hrs in a corrosive enviroment, but apparantly sat for three-four ish years. Im unsure if its run since. The bobcat dealer who originally looked at the fault said the machine needed a new loom and computer, all this from a 10min site visit and never removed a single panel, lifted the cab or even removed the fuse cover. If this engineer is correct, I want him working for me Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tazza

Staff member
I spoke to the dealer, one just wants to sell me a dash console. The other wouldnt know a Bobcat if it crashed through their front door. I don't think it is a dash console as from what I can gather I should have power up to the ignition on the 1220 wire and the 1920 wire. 1000-1999 wires being battery voltage. I only have it on the 1220 wire. I've checked the 1920 wire and repaired any bad connections. I checked for 12volts out of the computer and there wasn't any. Unless this 1920 wire is from the ignition switch to the computer????? Can anyone confirm. I then checked the 1110 1120 1130 wires into the computer, these were corroded where someone had previously damaged the insulation when doing a previous repair. With these repaired there is now power in to the computer, but still nothing. I then checked the two earth wires, 2100 and 2110. However on my machine I could only find 2900 and 2110, both appear to be good. Ive gone round all the ground/earth posts and cleaned them, admittedly there maybe more but I dont know. I will not be beaten on this one and am very reluctant to buy components when I pretty sure its a wiring issue, going on the amount of repairs I've had to do already. Having found out a little more info on this machine, it has only 1063hrs in a corrosive enviroment, but apparantly sat for three-four ish years. Im unsure if its run since. The bobcat dealer who originally looked at the fault said the machine needed a new loom and computer, all this from a 10min site visit and never removed a single panel, lifted the cab or even removed the fuse cover. If this engineer is correct, I want him working for me Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Start by checking all the fuse connectors, they do corrode.
I'm with you on not trusting the dealer, just throwing things at it like that is just silly, good form them but hard on you.