Ross' Bobcat 463f Work Thread

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

OP
OP
Orgnoi1

Orgnoi1

ok I lied... two more shots coming... one now one later... I decided to break out one of my SLRs and take some more "professional looking" PR type shots...
Last one...
Bobcat PR Shots

soutthpaw

ok I lied... two more shots coming... one now one later... I decided to break out one of my SLRs and take some more "professional looking" PR type shots...
Being that you are a Photographer, explain why the rear door on this pic looks 10 different shades of orange... Looks like spray can Graffiti. Always wanted to do photography and videography but being color blind kinda jinxes that...

OP
OP
Orgnoi1

Orgnoi1

Being that you are a Photographer, explain why the rear door on this pic looks 10 different shades of orange... Looks like spray can Graffiti. Always wanted to do photography and videography but being color blind kinda jinxes that...
LOL because I AM a photographer... not a painter... hahahhah

Garauld

LOL because I AM a photographer... not a painter... hahahhah
That looks great - nicely done. I have to show off my recent 743 project. Before & after...
Photobucket
Photobucket
The Bobtach pins & bushings were shot and I had to replace the "million dollar" hose so it ended up being gutted. My wife is a lot happier now...

Tazza

Staff member
That looks great - nicely done. I have to show off my recent 743 project. Before & after...

The Bobtach pins & bushings were shot and I had to replace the "million dollar" hose so it ended up being gutted. My wife is a lot happier now...
What a difference a coat of paint can make :)

Garauld

Don't mean to sound picky, but I'd have hammer that rops back into shape somehow. Otherwise looks great.
Ken
-actually, I tried to pull the bend out with a stongback and my heaviest C-clamps, but no go. Porta-power time baby! But no gots. The bucket was rotted also - replaced most of the bottom plate with new.

skidsteer.ca

-actually, I tried to pull the bend out with a stongback and my heaviest C-clamps, but no go. Porta-power time baby! But no gots. The bucket was rotted also - replaced most of the bottom plate with new.
Sometime I weld a piece of box iron to something like that and use it for a lever. Grind it off later, or weaken strategic areas to allow the material to come back straight. But the more folds the factory puts in it, the tougher is is to straighten.
Ken

Tazza

Staff member
Sometime I weld a piece of box iron to something like that and use it for a lever. Grind it off later, or weaken strategic areas to allow the material to come back straight. But the more folds the factory puts in it, the tougher is is to straighten.
Ken
The other way for that bend is a piece of hard wood over the bars to get in. Use a bottle jack and puch it up. In the past i have weakened it with a grinder and pulled back and re-welded. Not what workplace health and safety want to hear, but i have done it with excellent results.

mrfixitpaul

The other way for that bend is a piece of hard wood over the bars to get in. Use a bottle jack and puch it up. In the past i have weakened it with a grinder and pulled back and re-welded. Not what workplace health and safety want to hear, but i have done it with excellent results.
If you have access to a forklift, park it in the bucket and pull the bent part out.....make sure the cab is bolted down....lol

Bobpuddy

Where did you get those orange decals on your 743. I think they look better than the blue ones like I have. Also did you paint the ROPS black or is that Charcoal

Garauld

Where did you get those orange decals on your 743. I think they look better than the blue ones like I have. Also did you paint the ROPS black or is that Charcoal
Those aren't decals - I used just a bit of black electricians tape to make off the areas and then sprayed them with Case Flambeau Red paint. I used Rustoleum Industrial black and white gloss paint from Lowes everywhere else....

TheMEGAbobcatman

Here she is as of right now... I am thinking about taking the wheels off this weekend and having at them...
I see that in this back of a bobcat 463 picture that the bobcat has wide track tires, does that help the stability of the machine so it doesn't tip over as easily? thanks

OldMachinist

I see that in this back of a bobcat 463 picture that the bobcat has wide track tires, does that help the stability of the machine so it doesn't tip over as easily? thanks
The wider tires are floatation tires. They are for reducing the floor pressure of the machine. With the std 5.70-12 tires on the 453 the floor pressure fully loaded is 68 psi front and 61 psi rear. With 23 x 8.5-12 tires its 25 psi front and 21 psi rear. The wider tires make it 44" wide so likely do add a little stabilty. The maximun grade Bobcat recommends you work on is 25% but thats still going to depend on how you operate the machine and the conditions of the soil.