Roc vs tipping capacity ve actually safe to lift?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Impact-vector

I did some searching.. I think I'm more confused now I have the 773 f series. I'm looking to get and place 2400lbs blocks for a retaining wall.most distance will be moving them 2" off the ground Max lift is probably 3 ft. No need to go higher. There is an eyelit so I planned to chain from the fork backing plate to the block. So roc is 1750. Tipping is 3900lbs. Some guys say they can lift 2600lbs. Others say no way. One comment said the roc is including a bucket on the front. Anyone know of a good guide? Last thing I want is 55 blocks I can't move :(

reaperman

I think I have a good idea of what type of blocks your planning on working with. We've did a huge wall at a local hospital using similar blocks. This wall was some 35 feet high and about 1000' long. The block we used, with the exception of the bottom block, had cut outs for pallet forks to be used in addition to the lifting ring on the top of the block. Now to your question. I think your machine may struggle trying to move these blocks around. All of the weight will be on the front two tires and the rear of the machine will be "floating" putting even more weight on your front tires. You may be able to move them around if your on super hard ground. If the ground isnt hard you will simply nose dive. Your only chance would be to drive strait and not have to make any sharp turns, to prevent the front tires from digging into the ground. Thats alot of weight on only two tires so if there is a soft spot in the soil you will find it for sure. Bobcats have incredible lifting power, way beyond their ratings. That said the blocks we used were about the same weight as the ones your planning on using. With a T250 I was able to lift and transport 3 blocks stacked on top of each other at a time, thats well over 6000lbs. But I only did that to show off to the caterpiller salesman. Otherwise I always moved two at a time. A tire machine wouldnt have been able to do what I could do with a track machine. The stability just isnt there with tires. The best way is to try and get a hold of a single block and see what happens before a semi load shows up. PS. IF you have forks like it sounds like, I'd pull the forks together to the center and chain around both forks instead of just chaining to the backing plate in one spot. Good luck

OP
OP
I

Impact-vector

I think I have a good idea of what type of blocks your planning on working with. We've did a huge wall at a local hospital using similar blocks. This wall was some 35 feet high and about 1000' long. The block we used, with the exception of the bottom block, had cut outs for pallet forks to be used in addition to the lifting ring on the top of the block. Now to your question. I think your machine may struggle trying to move these blocks around. All of the weight will be on the front two tires and the rear of the machine will be "floating" putting even more weight on your front tires. You may be able to move them around if your on super hard ground. If the ground isnt hard you will simply nose dive. Your only chance would be to drive strait and not have to make any sharp turns, to prevent the front tires from digging into the ground. Thats alot of weight on only two tires so if there is a soft spot in the soil you will find it for sure. Bobcats have incredible lifting power, way beyond their ratings. That said the blocks we used were about the same weight as the ones your planning on using. With a T250 I was able to lift and transport 3 blocks stacked on top of each other at a time, thats well over 6000lbs. But I only did that to show off to the caterpiller salesman. Otherwise I always moved two at a time. A tire machine wouldnt have been able to do what I could do with a track machine. The stability just isnt there with tires. The best way is to try and get a hold of a single block and see what happens before a semi load shows up. PS. IF you have forks like it sounds like, I'd pull the forks together to the center and chain around both forks instead of just chaining to the backing plate in one spot. Good luck
Thanks Reaper! I think I'm going to go with the other standard blocks. I definitely dnt have hard ground so it would be a disaster waiting to happen! Thanks for the advice!