Replacing Hydraulic hose

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

AJ

Hi all- Got a hole in one of my hydraulic hoses in the lift arm and having a lot of trouble getting it off. The front fitting came loose with no problem, but I can't budge the rear one. Didn't want to continue with a torque bar because I didn't want to damage anything. This is the fitting that connects the hard pipe hydraulics to the rubber hose. Even tried it in the opposite direction thinking it was possibly a left hand thread for some reason. No luck. Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks

tubby's repair

They are right hand thread. Take two small hammers and place one on flat spot of fitting, then with the other hammer tap on opposite side. Do this in a couple of spots, a couple of times and it should come loose. Wes

OP
OP
A

AJ

They are right hand thread. Take two small hammers and place one on flat spot of fitting, then with the other hammer tap on opposite side. Do this in a couple of spots, a couple of times and it should come loose. Wes
Thanks. I'll give it a try.

Tazza

Staff member
Thanks. I'll give it a try.
I have had them so tight before that i needed two spanners and two two foot lengths of pipe to get them to crack. They can get a little corrosion between the threads that make them lock together rather tight!
Good luck, i know access isn't great, but you'll get there.

Fishfiles

I have had them so tight before that i needed two spanners and two two foot lengths of pipe to get them to crack. They can get a little corrosion between the threads that make them lock together rather tight!
Yeah hitting the hex with a hammer will loosen them up sometimes , and the cheater pipe works well , instead of a crow foot wrench a breaker bar and a pipe I will use a set of open end wrenches I have that are cut to about 6" for tight spots with no swing room , these wrenches accept a cheater pipe nicely , a little heat will do sometimes -------- another way to get stubborn hoses off is to cut the hose right behind the hex of the fitting with a air saw or a grind with a thin disc , then you can use a socket on the hex with an air impact

OP
OP
A

AJ

Thanks for the help