replacing front drive chains on a 01 773

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

bellaterrainc

I need to replace the front drive chains on my 01 773...I got the chains from bobcat just wondering whats the best way to go about putting them on. Any tips to make it go easier would be appreciated, thanks.

skidsteer.ca

Unless you put a master link in the chain loop, you will have to press the axel sprocket off the the shaft with a porta power and a short cylinder. Some use the torque of the loader drives to loosen the bolt holding the sprocket on.
Use gloves when handling the heavy and often sharp sprockets.

OP
OP
B

bellaterrainc

Unless you put a master link in the chain loop, you will have to press the axel sprocket off the the shaft with a porta power and a short cylinder. Some use the torque of the loader drives to loosen the bolt holding the sprocket on.
Use gloves when handling the heavy and often sharp sprockets.
I have the master links...thanks!

Tazza

Staff member
Did you get your chains from the dealer? Did they come with the link?
I was looking at these chains, http://www.loaderpartssource.com/superior-capacity-chain-asni-80.html Has anyone used them?
Do you know how long your chains were?
Were you able to put them in without pulling the axles?
Thanks,
Pete
The best way is to check your old chain, count the links. They stretch and simply measuring it will not give you a true length.
The chain from the dealer is a loop, no con-link so you need to pull the sprocket off the axle to install it.