Removing the bobtach cylinder and capping the hydraulic lines?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

bobcatS300

Hey all, I've got an S300 that I just bought used and the bobtach was never really maintained on it. Pins are both seized up that hold the attachments, levers are rusted all to heck and one of the weld-in bushings that faces the cab to hold the levers is sheered off. The hydraulic cylinder seems shot, too because when I push the in / out button for the bobtach it just comes out a little bit and then jumps back in. Tomorrow I am going to cut that old bushing out and replace it and I have a compete rebuild kit for the levers, pins, springs. etc. However.... i'd like to just remove the hydraulic cylinder for now until I can afford to have it rebuilt. What's the best way to approach this? I thought about just capping the hydraulic lines at the cylinder and then tying them up and out of the way someplace. But I dont know what type of caps / plugs I need for these. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I found some JIC plugs and caps on eBay but I dont know if that's the right thread configuration and I am unsure of what size they are, too. Thanks in advance!

Bobcatdan

Should be #6 JIC male plugs you need. The cylinder comes off in 30 seconds. Remove and cap Lindes, two bolts, zip tie lines out of the way. Did that many times, guys like to bust the fittings off. Unless your did is bent, your cylinder is probably fine. If your levers are as bad as you say, the cylinder can't move them in the correct range of movement.

deck60

Should be #6 JIC male plugs you need. The cylinder comes off in 30 seconds. Remove and cap Lindes, two bolts, zip tie lines out of the way. Did that many times, guys like to bust the fittings off. Unless your did is bent, your cylinder is probably fine. If your levers are as bad as you say, the cylinder can't move them in the correct range of movement.
I would rebuild the lock pins and bushings and keep them greased when I bought mine it wouldn't work after some greasing and constant use they work fine you couldn't get me to cap mine there is no way on a normal day I bet I change the bucket to forks at least 5 times on a hard day of use I bet 25 times or more they are a blessing the cylinder is real weak so it wont break any parts