Rebuilding a Kubota V2003

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

mcsker

I'm looking for some opinions or experiences for purchasing a complete rebuild kit for a Kubota V2003T engine. I've made contact with suppliers of what I assume OEM parts in the rebuild kit and then I compare prices to aftermarket supplier through internet sales. Has anyone used these aftermarket parts, they're half price compared with other suppliers. I want to build it right, but I'm still on a budget. Thanks for any feedback

OP
OP
M

mcsker

I have used aftermarket parts on a few engines without any issues.
Thanks for a response Tazza, I respect your input. I'm new to this forum and hope I can help someone out as well. The reason I ask, I'm one to usually try to buy "made in USA" anytime I can. Obviously knowing Kubota is Japanese, which makes high quality equipment and high standard replacement parts, who actually manufactures pistons,rings, bearings, etc for Kumar Bros USA? and to OEM specs?

Tazza

Staff member
Thanks for a response Tazza, I respect your input. I'm new to this forum and hope I can help someone out as well. The reason I ask, I'm one to usually try to buy "made in USA" anytime I can. Obviously knowing Kubota is Japanese, which makes high quality equipment and high standard replacement parts, who actually manufactures pistons,rings, bearings, etc for Kumar Bros USA? and to OEM specs?
If you can find a quality aftermarket supplier of parts, you should be fine. Someone that has been around a while, not the cheapest ones on ebay, as if it's really cheap, they have cut corners.
I think the parts i got had japanese rings, but the other parts were probably made in china....