rear view mirrors?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

marko13

anyone found a good solution for mirrors on a bobcat ?(743)
I need something so I can see what I'm backing into and crushing and also some convects down on the bucket so I can see what's happening at the leading edge after I tilt it down.
frustrating working in tight spaces with no spotter.

mrbb

IMO< the best thing you can add is a decent back up camera, there not that costly and can be pretty simple to add
and allows you see what your about to run over, I have sadly backed into a few things myself over the yrs, due to poor set up on mirrors on most machines I have run!
Hell some times I almost wish they had back up[ sensors like cars to with alarms to let you know your about to hit something, HAHA<
but working in tight spaces that might drive one crazy!!

If you get a back up camera, I highly recommend the largest screen you can find too, if you don't have young eye's, as them small screens don't help me much!!
I mounted my screen on a magnet mount, so I can position it where I want, when in cab driving machine and remove if wanted too, to get out or do work or??, as for me, the best place for it, its in the way when you get in out, so, having it on a magnetic mount, allows me to sick it out of way when not using, or to get in/out,. and back in place for use!!

they have plug and play models that only require a 12 cig lighter plug to power them, which many have inside a cab already
or can be added to a 2 prong SAE plug to a cig lighter outlet, and from there you can then add a battery tender to things when not in use and use the same plug, I have mine set up this way, so, when I unplug battery tender, I then plug in camera to same connection,
you can simply get power directly from battery if you use a IN line fuse
prong SAE plug, if your not good at wiring things other ways!
but there are no shortage of camera systems on the world wide web these days from cheap to high end, from wired to wireless too!

I have known others that added magnetic mirrors to lift arms, but issues with them is they only work when in right position, arms too high or low and then there useless,
and same deal, ebay, amazon all sell magnetic mounted mirrors for skid steers if you look!