Ramrod 944T Right Wheel Drive Not Working

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

arnpriorhick

So I bought a used Ramrod 944T mini skid steer just over a month ago and last week while using the machine the right wheel drive stopped working. When I jacked up that side the wheels would spin, but when any resistance was applied the wheels would stop spinning (each has its own hydraulic motor but they are also connected by a chain). The first thing I did was to switch the hydraulic lines from left wheels to the right and the right to the left, but the left still worked and the right did not so I knew it wasn't a problem with my hydraulic manifold, or at least it did not appear to be. The next thing I did was to isolate each motor on the right side by capping off the front motor and the back, one at a time. When only one motor was receiving pressure from the manifold each appeared to have full torque, but when pressure was once again allowed to flow to both motors neither worked anymore. Has anyone else had a similar problem and what was the diagnosis? Is there something obvious I am missing? I haven't seen leaks that would cause a major loss in pressure either. I appreciate any advice.

antfarmer2

I would put a pressure gauge on each line with others capped off if good there would look at the motors but first make sur your aux hydro is not stuck on by passing the fluid