Quick Attach Tree Shear

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

1stbobcat

Hot diggity dog! The new Quick Attach EZ Axe Tree Shear is here!!! Haven't tried it out yet but about to real soon. Quick Attach was having a Black Friday sale with 30% off of their attachments plus Free Shipping. If you're looking for new attachments they having some great year end discounts too. The Tree Shear looks real quality and I like their design a little better than most I've seen. For a single blade shear, I think this one is one of the better ones out there. Also if you need some moderate duty attachments I have been very impressed with the MTL Attachments that I've bought also. For Example my MTL Root Grapple was only $889.00 if you buy directly from their MTL website instead of from ebay and shipping was under $200 direct to my back yard. Got in in like 3 days from the time my order was processed. You have to go back and forth via text msg with the owner but he does what he says he'll do and so far I've use the crap out of the grapple and stump bucket and they are holding up excellent so far and getting the job done. My 2 cents. And amazingly so far my helicoil repair is holding up for the left front axle that stripped the retaining bolt out on me on my Bobcat 873. I do plan on replacing it eventually but wanted to see if I could repair it temporarily first and so far so good! (Knock on wood)

ReRide

I bought a Quick Attach Tree Shear a couple years ago getting ready to cut down a whole lot of cedar trees. It works very well for me. I've been told the single knife shear doesn't get out of alignment like a double knife shear could, and it just plain works, and it works very well. The blade angle pushes the trees to the right which seems to work well. I would be careful not to use it for trees larger than it is rated for, but if you use it like it was intended, it is great. Another word of caution, be sure to have the hoses tied up pretty well. I ended up cutting branches out of a larger tree so I could get to the trunk, and the tarp strap I was using to tie the hoses up on the shear came unhooked and I ended up breaking the hydraulic fitting. I swapped out the one on my Quick Attach Quick Claw grapple and kept going, but now I am more careful to make sure my hoses are tied up.

Latest posts