Question on reinstalling injectors on 743

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

jd21476

So I pulled my injectors to have them rebuilt. In 2 of the four holes I found copper washers but the other two they were missing. In the parts book they show a "HEAT SHIELD" but this did not seem to be installed when I pulled the injectors. Am I missing something? Also, I went to bobcat and got replacement crush washers but they seem small and dont fit over the end of the injectors. I believe they should fit at least up to the threads, rights? Are these the wrong ones?

Tazza

Staff member
They may have given you the wrong washers. The V1702 engine uses larger washers than the newer V2203 that they may have given you.
Ensure the missing two washers are not still in the head, they can be hard to see.
They should slide over the nozzle of the injector up to the bottom flat face before the threads. Its to create a seal between the head and injector.

OP
OP
J

jd21476

They may have given you the wrong washers. The V1702 engine uses larger washers than the newer V2203 that they may have given you.
Ensure the missing two washers are not still in the head, they can be hard to see.
They should slide over the nozzle of the injector up to the bottom flat face before the threads. Its to create a seal between the head and injector.
Thats kind of what I figured. What about the part that says "heat shield?" There did not seem to be one when I took the injector out. Also, one of the washers is stuck down in there. Any good way to get it out?

Tazza

Staff member
Thats kind of what I figured. What about the part that says "heat shield?" There did not seem to be one when I took the injector out. Also, one of the washers is stuck down in there. Any good way to get it out?
If they are what i'm thinking, the heat shield are used on the newer engines, not the V1702 that the 743s came with.
Usually the injector shop returns the injectors with new washers too, at least mine does.

OP
OP
J

jd21476

If they are what i'm thinking, the heat shield are used on the newer engines, not the V1702 that the 743s came with.
Usually the injector shop returns the injectors with new washers too, at least mine does.
They said they had the top washers for the top that the low pressure fuel drips through but not the coper ones for the bottom. I went to my local bobcat dealer and got the right ones. The machine runs great now.

Tazza

Staff member
They said they had the top washers for the top that the low pressure fuel drips through but not the coper ones for the bottom. I went to my local bobcat dealer and got the right ones. The machine runs great now.
Yeah, the alloy ones for the tap off lines, they should have given you the copper ones too, oh well.
Glad its working as it should. Money well spent.