Pwm on 863

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Haw1977

Changed my proportional switch on the right handle and same results momentary switch lights alternate flash like it won't engage hydraulic function. Not sure with the new switch wires being completely different colors.lol. Broke down and ordered the repair manual. Anybody got any tips on wire to wire combinations. Tried all the combos the diagram showed that came with the new switch.

OP
OP
H

Haw1977

Well fussed with it again and verified the switch wire functions. Connected. To corresponding plug on tractor 6 plug with one plugged making it a five wire set up. Three go to the thumb switch that opens and closes the four in one. And two go to the trigger. Same results auxiliary push button lights flash back and forth. Doesn't engage.

antfarmer2

Well fussed with it again and verified the switch wire functions. Connected. To corresponding plug on tractor 6 plug with one plugged making it a five wire set up. Three go to the thumb switch that opens and closes the four in one. And two go to the trigger. Same results auxiliary push button lights flash back and forth. Doesn't engage.
Check your aux silonid and stem

Tazza

Staff member
Thank you antfarmer yeah that's where I was headed my other friend suggested trying a jumper to bench test the Solonoid. I will post my results.
Even with the coil off, put a screw driver in the coil and activate the switch, see if you can feel the screw driver vibrate.
Even swap coils on the stems, see if the problem moves.
Stems can stick over time. I have had success in pulling them apart and cleaning them. If they are bent, it needs replacing.