Putting Tracks and Wheel Spacers on New Holland L785?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

ddander54

Question for the experts...Does putting Tracks (Loegering) and 2" wheel spacers put much additional stress on a Skid Loader Drive train? I have a mid-90's New Holland L785 that seems to be in fairly good condition, but being new to Skid Loaders, I'm thinking that I'm doing an awful lot of spinning in muddy conditions, which I then have to compensate with a little more momentum or ease up on the bucket pressure, sometimes to the point of no material being moved. So it would seem that adding tracks would provide more traction and allow me to move slower again to get the work done, but I'm wondering what the trade off is in drive train wear and tear. All of my operation is on my farm, so its in the dirt and not on any tar/concrete surfaces.

skidsteer.ca

In a nut shell yes, because they double your traction, if you use that traction as opposed to just spinning your wheels there willbe more stress on your chains etc.
But at the same time they will help you prevent spinning and wasted motion (or lack there of) so the job will get done sooned. I'm a firm believer in ott tracks like Grousers
This has been hashed out here before, search over the tire tracks or ott, lots of reading.
Ken

tysonmatc2

In a nut shell yes, because they double your traction, if you use that traction as opposed to just spinning your wheels there willbe more stress on your chains etc.
But at the same time they will help you prevent spinning and wasted motion (or lack there of) so the job will get done sooned. I'm a firm believer in ott tracks like Grousers
This has been hashed out here before, search over the tire tracks or ott, lots of reading.
Ken
What is OTT? Can't you gain space on the L785 by turning the rims inside out?