Purchase now or wait until closer to spring

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Iowa Dave

I need another machine. I have always purchased low hour used, and will most likely do so again. My "ideal" machine for what I need to do/the attachments I use would be an S-205 with gold package, but could prob get by with an S-185. I see late model 205's with cab and air and 4-700 hrs advertised for around $25, 000, but I have a feeling that this economy isn't going to immediately come around(I have plenty of work fortunately), and I have a gut feeling that I can maybe find a "deal" if I wait (I have cash so buying private works good for me). I don't want o prey on anybodies misfortune, but I think the market on late model low hr used will soften further. What does everyone think??

thetool

My feelings are that the economy is not really down, just everybody sitting around waiting, scared, listening to the news, waiting for the first guy to jump back in the pool, then it will be everybody screaming and playing like nothing ever happened, except for a few unfortunates who were already on the ropes. (mixed boxing/swimming metaphors? a new Olympic Sport?)
I think if you wait 'till spring you're going to miss the bus.
I'm optimistic........=).
Hmmmm..........water boxing........

bobcat_ron

My feelings are that the economy is not really down, just everybody sitting around waiting, scared, listening to the news, waiting for the first guy to jump back in the pool, then it will be everybody screaming and playing like nothing ever happened, except for a few unfortunates who were already on the ropes. (mixed boxing/swimming metaphors? a new Olympic Sport?)
I think if you wait 'till spring you're going to miss the bus.
I'm optimistic........=).
Hmmmm..........water boxing........
Wait until after Obama's swearing in, 10 bucks say the stocks will rise big time in the first week, then make the decision.

perry

When you find that S205, see if they have 2 of them!!!!!!!!!!!
When you hear the robin chirp, spring is already here!. After the inauguration, I will have already moved my liquid funds into a secure position.

thetool

When you hear the robin chirp, spring is already here!. After the inauguration, I will have already moved my liquid funds into a secure position.
Lots of Bobcats for sale here. See an ad for an S205 ACS open cab 400 hrs $17000. And more like that. Dunno if these are good deals or not, but lots for sale.

sp6x6

Lots of Bobcats for sale here. See an ad for an S205 ACS open cab 400 hrs $17000. And more like that. Dunno if these are good deals or not, but lots for sale.
They dont have any cheap money at the dealer right now, about 7% for 60 mnths. But they do have my dream machine,s250 A91 pkg. 2 speed, high flow, yeh ha!

BOHadvantage

Go in and talk with the dealer that has it, probably been sitting on his yard awhile and he is ready to turn it. See about extended warranty so you don't get a "pig". Don't make any quick decission but let them know your interested and see how fast that price can come down. If it is an individual trying to sell buyer be ware and check over the machine, engine, axles, pins, etc. Make the guy an offer you like, if he needs the cash he'll take it. I always feel better going through the dealer because if something does go wrong they will usually stand behind the machine they sold you and want to make it right because they want to sell you your next unit also.

sp6x6

Go in and talk with the dealer that has it, probably been sitting on his yard awhile and he is ready to turn it. See about extended warranty so you don't get a "pig". Don't make any quick decission but let them know your interested and see how fast that price can come down. If it is an individual trying to sell buyer be ware and check over the machine, engine, axles, pins, etc. Make the guy an offer you like, if he needs the cash he'll take it. I always feel better going through the dealer because if something does go wrong they will usually stand behind the machine they sold you and want to make it right because they want to sell you your next unit also.
It is brand new at dealer, they priced me a quote of $47,000 FOR new 09. They have a new 08 on lot for $ 42000. I really like it but I HAVE A 709 HOE that wont go on it and I have a s185 I've been happy with. I want a s205 too, because I dont want to buy a new hoe at $13000.They havent told me what I would get on trade, mine 700 hrs, it has been a great machine, just change oils and filters

skidsteer.ca

It is brand new at dealer, they priced me a quote of $47,000 FOR new 09. They have a new 08 on lot for $ 42000. I really like it but I HAVE A 709 HOE that wont go on it and I have a s185 I've been happy with. I want a s205 too, because I dont want to buy a new hoe at $13000.They havent told me what I would get on trade, mine 700 hrs, it has been a great machine, just change oils and filters
sp6x6 your s185 can come live with me, sounds like what I'm looking for.
Ken

farmboy55

sp6x6 your s185 can come live with me, sounds like what I'm looking for.
Ken
Where are you located with the S185? What do the backhoe brackets cost for it. I'm going to need a set when I find a macnine. Also while I'm here to the Bobcat's now have a title like a auto? thanks dennis

sp6x6

Where are you located with the S185? What do the backhoe brackets cost for it. I'm going to need a set when I find a macnine. Also while I'm here to the Bobcat's now have a title like a auto? thanks dennis
I am located in NW Montana, my pricing is from 1/03. Hoe $7900 new, mnt. kit $ 275 installed, bought my s185 new w/trade in, Gold package , HVAC, sound,block heater, attach control. Would like a s205 with 2 speed, hi flotation tires, 66 HP, HVAC, AND high flow, a91 pkg. Trade in my s185. To upgrade my hoe and blower for s250 would be $20,000 outright, thats too much, plus I like the size of my machine. Yesterday I moved snow slide off roof 9' deep easy with my 96" snow bucket heaping full, it's rad on the front of that s185

sp6x6

I am located in NW Montana, my pricing is from 1/03. Hoe $7900 new, mnt. kit $ 275 installed, bought my s185 new w/trade in, Gold package , HVAC, sound,block heater, attach control. Would like a s205 with 2 speed, hi flotation tires, 66 HP, HVAC, AND high flow, a91 pkg. Trade in my s185. To upgrade my hoe and blower for s250 would be $20,000 outright, thats too much, plus I like the size of my machine. Yesterday I moved snow slide off roof 9' deep easy with my 96" snow bucket heaping full, it's rad on the front of that s185
Forgot no title in MT that im aware of bought at dealer.