Plumbing a Myers power angle snow plow to a 342

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

dkmc

How would I connect the Myers plow angle cylinders to the AUX on my 342? I am guessing I'd have to mount a spool valve for a double acting cylinder someplace in the cab, and feed that valve with the AUX circuit?

OP
OP
D

dkmc

WAIT ! I'm not sure how the AUX Hydraulics work...... There is a lever....does that hook to a double acting spool valve already? There are 2 quick couplers for the AUX, I thought the lever just turns the supply on or off...and the other is the drain.

OP
OP
D

dkmc

WAIT ! I'm not sure how the AUX Hydraulics work...... There is a lever....does that hook to a double acting spool valve already? There are 2 quick couplers for the AUX, I thought the lever just turns the supply on or off...and the other is the drain.
I just looked at a 940 manual.......it looks like the AUX valve IS a spool valve? The valve lever on mine is not hooked up so I didn't know..... I will take out the seat and have a close look at my valve (I don't have a manual for a 342) If it is a spool, that will make hooking up the plow angle VERY easy! Any idea what type quick disconnect fittings the AUX will be on a 342? Where would I get the connectors? Tractor supply perhaps?

Tazza

Staff member
I just looked at a 940 manual.......it looks like the AUX valve IS a spool valve? The valve lever on mine is not hooked up so I didn't know..... I will take out the seat and have a close look at my valve (I don't have a manual for a 342) If it is a spool, that will make hooking up the plow angle VERY easy! Any idea what type quick disconnect fittings the AUX will be on a 342? Where would I get the connectors? Tractor supply perhaps?
I don't know your machine, but the aux should be done with a spool valve, either electrically or mechanically. As you said there were no linkages, i assume there is provision for it? and that the quick couplers are mounted to the lift arms?
A tractor supply place or hydraulic shop should be able to get you fittings to match what you have.