Perkins 4.108 water temp ??

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

1ofU

Hello,
maybe a tech can answer this question , i put in a set of gauges , new mechanical
oil , amp , water in my 1981 825 BC
installed oil & water in factory gauge locations .
amp 14 through out rpm range
oil at idle 40 psi and full rpm 70 psi
water at operating temputure after 15-20 minutes it carries a
165-170 temp is this normal for the perkins ?? i would think it would be up around
180 to the 220 mark area ??
Thanks for any replies
1 of U
Jess

jerry

Check both sides of the thermostat housing as it warms up with a ir temp sensor and you can tell pretty close when it opens. If in doubt check in a pan of hot water.

OldMachinist

That's near the low end of the normal operating temp per the Perkins service manual. It would likely rise some when working.
Thermostat.jpg

OP
OP
1ofU

1ofU

That's near the low end of the normal operating temp per the Perkins service manual. It would likely rise some when working.
Thanks for the replies !!
OldMachinest
i see where you posted over at Hobby-Machinist.com
i lurk over there as well as several other machinest sites .
Thanks again
1 of U

OP
OP
1ofU

1ofU

Thanks for the replies !!
OldMachinest
i see where you posted over at Hobby-Machinist.com
i lurk over there as well as several other machinest sites .
Thanks again
1 of U
if anyone needs any help on the 825
i have the manuals .
owner manual
operator manual
parts manual
service manuals
all factory manuals from Bobcat
1 of U

mermaid10x

i have the manuals .
owner manual
operator manual
parts manual
service manuals
1 of U
i have a service manual but could really use the parts book plus whatever you have on the perkins engine. if you could email them to me I would be very gratefull. i have a 83 825 with a bad final drive on the left side. any ideas where a guy could get some parts or a complete assembley?

antfarmer2

i have a service manual but could really use the parts book plus whatever you have on the perkins engine. if you could email them to me I would be very gratefull. i have a 83 825 with a bad final drive on the left side. any ideas where a guy could get some parts or a complete assembley?
Loadsourceparts

Caturro

i have the manuals .
owner manual
operator manual
parts manual
service manuals
1 of U
Hi there, I bought a Bobcat 825 last week and I am having a hard time fixing it. Would be very nice if I can have the manuals from you. If so, I really appreciate it I am new in this forum. May I have to send my email? I know that this is a very old post hopefully you will read it Thank you very much

SkidRoe

Hi there, I bought a Bobcat 825 last week and I am having a hard time fixing it. Would be very nice if I can have the manuals from you. If so, I really appreciate it I am new in this forum. May I have to send my email? I know that this is a very old post hopefully you will read it Thank you very much
Caturro - make sure you put your e-mail address in your forum profile page so that people can e-mail you.
Cheers - SR

Draxxs

i have the manuals .
owner manual
operator manual
parts manual
service manuals
1 of U
Hello Sir, I am 1 of u too. I would be extremely grateful to u, if you could help me in this endeavor. I am repair this machine for a gentleman that has become disabled, he was about to give it up for scrap . He is not wealthy and is limited too a small pension, So if I can fix this up and sell it for him , it will go a long way for his happiness. P.S. Possibly you know the problem . He was going forward empty when he heard a snap , his right side seems a little jumpy now. I found the connecting link on the right side chain has a rough top edge and a steel sliver peeled back from it. Any ideas on what it may have hit to do that . I cant find any other problems yet but will pull the filters and magnets to check them . I wondered if it hit an actuator arm? Thank you so much Sincerely: Trev Neufeld