Parking brake

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

jduhamel

I have a Bobcat skidsteer 742. When i engage the parking brake the engine sounds like it is being put under strain then dies. I have gone through the manual and followed the instructions regarding adjusting the brake, but the same thing happens. Any thoughts????

jerry

The brake problem is caused by the creeping problem, if you get the manual the other poster offered it will have instructions on adjusting the creep out. You can't do it properly though without having all 4 wheels off the ground.

Bobcatdan

The brake problem is caused by the creeping problem, if you get the manual the other poster offered it will have instructions on adjusting the creep out. You can't do it properly though without having all 4 wheels off the ground.
The problem is most likely wear in the centering blocks and cams. They are very hard to set if the worn parts are not replace. Even if a person does get it set, they often do not stay set very long.

jerry

The problem is most likely wear in the centering blocks and cams. They are very hard to set if the worn parts are not replace. Even if a person does get it set, they often do not stay set very long.
If the brake is holding good enough to kill the engine it is fine. When it creeps like that it has the full power and force of the pump behind it , at anything but a idle it has tremendous force. It doesnt cost that much to replace all the bushings and connecters in the linkage and that plus adjustment may help a lot.

7LBSSMALLIE

If the brake is holding good enough to kill the engine it is fine. When it creeps like that it has the full power and force of the pump behind it , at anything but a idle it has tremendous force. It doesnt cost that much to replace all the bushings and connecters in the linkage and that plus adjustment may help a lot.
in laymens terms, triy to start your old chevy with park brake on in gear dont push clutch. same thing

Tazza

Staff member
I think the number one cause could be ........... loose bolt on the left side ( sitting in the seat ) pintle arm
http://users.tpg.com.au/tazza_/Steering Adjustment.jpg
Steering%20Adjustment.jpg