Owner code

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

guyl230

Some how entered an owner code trying to clear another code. Have tried everything. Any suggestions????

brdgbldr

I don't know about New Holland.

For my Bobcat I had to go through a Bobcat dealer to get the master code (they contact Bobcat manufacturing directly for this code whenever they need to work on a machine). They do not like to give this code out unless you have proof of ownership.

The master code is created when the machine is manufactured. This code is given to the dealer and they create an owner code. Then the owner can set up an operator code.

OP
OP
G

guyl230

I have been getting the run around when I have been calling the dealer and repair shops

brdgbldr

I have been getting the run around when I have been calling the dealer and repair shops
I was getting the runaround on my machine also. I had to have a field tech come out for a calibration that required the Bobcat software. That's how I ended up getting mine. My machine was not locked and I actually found the owner code written on a window.

Some dealers are real a-holes and will charge you to come out and set a new owner code. Of course, if this is the only option…better to pay than end up with an expensive lawn ornament.

OP
OP
G

guyl230

Thank you. One dealer about 3 hours away said I could drag it on a trailer and take it to them. I guess that's a last resort.

brdgbldr

Thank you. One dealer about 3 hours away said I could drag it on a trailer and take it to them. I guess that's a last resort.
I don't know if New Holland has a master code or not but try to get it if you can. On a Bobcat it will override all other codes and you can't accidentally change it.