Older L775 auxilary hydraulics (valve and air in attachment/lines, questions)

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

bfriendly

I have a new holland L775 with aux hydraulic hookup at the front mounting plate that I have never used. This is the type with optional center pedal for the aux hydraulics and a valve mounted by the operators feet. There is a direct rod linkage that goes to the valve. I hooked up an auger for the first time that came with the machine and need to do some troubleshooting. I tried fiddling with it for maybe 10-15 minutes but I wasn't able to get it to move. Not sure where to start: What could be the issue: pedal? valve? air in lines? hydraulic pump/motor in the auger? 1. The auger motor/lines were only partially filled with oil, and I can't find anything in the manual about the aux system or purging air out of it...any tips or tricks? 2. The center pedal on my machine has very, very little "travel", so I am not sure if it is even opening the valve to allow flow. When you step on the pedal the rod on the valve moves maybe 1/4". Prying with a screwdriver moves it possibly a little more, but not much... 3. When I disconnected the quick connectors, there was some amount of fluid/air pressure that mad it to that point, but what is the best way to troubleshoot/test at various points or test the components of the system. Thanks in advance!

Mike10

Disconnect the couplers for the motor. Start the engine and operate the foot pedal. The engine should labor and pull down if you are getting flow and if the valve spool is moving far enough. Air is not your problem. If the valve was installed correctly there is oil going to the valve at all times.

antfarmer2

Disconnect the couplers for the motor. Start the engine and operate the foot pedal. The engine should labor and pull down if you are getting flow and if the valve spool is moving far enough. Air is not your problem. If the valve was installed correctly there is oil going to the valve at all times.
Oil the spool valve and linkage and work it back and forth till free

OP
OP
B

bfriendly

Oil the spool valve and linkage and work it back and forth till free
Thanks for the help! the linkage was/is totally seized up where it went through the carrier bushing which is hidden out of sight under the pedal. he whole assembly removed and soaking now.