Oil leaking from right front tire and rim.

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Chrislrod863

I was looking around my 02 bobcat 863 today and noticed oil running down my front tire. I was wanting some advice on where to start on checking up on this. I've been reading about play in the axle and bearing seals. Hopefully it's nothing major. It runs fine and like if nothing is wrong with it. Just has a leak. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

KyMadMan

Not an expert here, but when I had a similar issue it was the axle seal that had failed. Of course I had other parts that failed at the same time. I'd check the seal, bearings, and surface of the axle.

SkidRoe

I also would suspect a hub seal.
The good news for you is that you should be able to remove the hub from the axle to change the seal, unlike older machines where you had to remove the entire axle.
If you search the forum. you should be able to find a few different techniques for popping the hub off.
If you find that you have some play in the bearings, that is a different matter, and you may have to go into the chain case to remedy that. Once again, search the forum for advice on that one.
Cheers - SR