NH LT 190b

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

OP
OP
R

RWALTON699

Did you search this forum before posting the question. Reason I ask is because the specific model you have as a quirk with the aux hydraulics according to a post I saw. Look at the reply from Mike10 in the post linked below.
I did. I've read and re-read that post several times. I checked all fuses. I've not tested diodes, because I've read conflicting ways to test them. New diodes should be here tomorrow.

mikelv

It seems an exact match to your symptoms, Check seat and seat belt interlocks too , possibly even doing temp bypass on them to test. Diodes are easy. Use a multimeter set on OHM scale. connect leads to diode. note reading. switch leads and note reading. one reading should be very low the other should be very high. If both are high or both are low it is bad.

mikelv

When the engine shuts down is it because it is overloaded (you can feel the heavy load and engine stalling) or because it is being shut off by the computer (fuel shut off)?

OP
OP
R

RWALTON699

When the engine shuts down is it because it is overloaded (you can feel the heavy load and engine stalling) or because it is being shut off by the computer (fuel shut off)?
mikelv.....I originally thought it was being overloaded, but actually...I think the engine is just shutting off.....thoughts??

mikelv

mikelv.....I originally thought it was being overloaded, but actually...I think the engine is just shutting off.....thoughts??
That is important information. It makes it much less likely that it is a stuck/bad valve and way way more likely that is it being shut down due to the safety system. Hopefully it's not your electronic control board. More likely that you have a bad switch/contactor/wire somewhere. Probably the reason it was sold in the first place. I would get a hold of an operator's manual for that model to see if there is an override for the aux controls. One of the posts in that link said something about pressing the aux button. It would be great if someone here has experience with that model and could help out, but forms are as popular as they once were.

mikelv

possibly related information.

OP
OP
R

RWALTON699

That is important information. It makes it much less likely that it is a stuck/bad valve and way way more likely that is it being shut down due to the safety system. Hopefully it's not your electronic control board. More likely that you have a bad switch/contactor/wire somewhere. Probably the reason it was sold in the first place. I would get a hold of an operator's manual for that model to see if there is an override for the aux controls. One of the posts in that link said something about pressing the aux button. It would be great if someone here has experience with that model and could help out, but forms are as popular as they once were.
mikelv.....thanks for all your help. Problem solved!! It was the switch on front of the aux. spool. Switch bypassed solved problem...new switch ordered and on the way. Much thanks, for hanging with me on this.