NH ls 180 where is the hyd drain plug?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

fordguymb

how ya'll doin i am currently preforming a 1000 service on a 2002 NH ls 180. i was wondering where the hyd drain plug is. i am used to working on older farm tractors not these high tech machines. any answers will be helpful. thanks.

Mike10

Remove the small access plate under the engine like you were going to change the engine oil. Between the oil pan and the battery box are several 3/4" lines. Disconnect one of these lines to drain the oil. There is no oil drain plug for the hydraulic reservoir.

Earthwerks Unlimited

Remove the small access plate under the engine like you were going to change the engine oil. Between the oil pan and the battery box are several 3/4" lines. Disconnect one of these lines to drain the oil. There is no oil drain plug for the hydraulic reservoir.
My LS185.b has a capped, clear drain tube that runs from the reservoir back to the radiator.

Mike10

New Holland did not start adding the drain line until they came out with the LS.B machines.

OP
OP
F

fordguymb

New Holland did not start adding the drain line until they came out with the LS.B machines.
thanks for all the help, now im on to the chain cases, are these plugs easy to find? im guessing i need to take off the belly pan? (i dont have a service manual) i just have the opperators manual and that is pretty useless when it comes to this kind of stuff

Mike10

thanks for all the help, now im on to the chain cases, are these plugs easy to find? im guessing i need to take off the belly pan? (i dont have a service manual) i just have the opperators manual and that is pretty useless when it comes to this kind of stuff
The drain plugs are at the front of the chain cases on the bottom. They may be hard to find because dirt fills in the holes where the allen wrench would go. Look for a slight bulge on the bottom front of the chain case where the plugs are located. Dig out the dirt so a allen wrench can be installed. Some times the plugs themselves have rubbed against hard surfaces and the wrench can not be installed because the metal of the plugs has deformed over the opening. You may also need to heat around the plug to get it loosened. Don't strip out the plug hex opening. I would also install new plugs.