NH L555 Hydrolic choppy/slow problem

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

codynutts

I just changed hydro oil on my nh l555 deluxe. I drained all fluid and replaced one wheel seal while it was drained. I also changed filters when doings this. Before this was all changed hrdrolics worked fine, (fluid was really milky white with alot of water in it. I changed all fluids and replaced with John deere Low viscosity hydrolic/trans oil. The prolem now is its is really SLOW and choppy. I have checked fluid and it is over full (so thats fine). I also took filter off tonight to see if it was plugged and was not. also cut filter apart to see if it was milky/plugged, was not. I drove it around for a good 20min tonight to get it warm and whille doing this i would move pedals. it would also bring the hydro charge light on when i got the boom about 2 feet up. Also sounds like its cavatating. all lines have been checked and are tight. Is there a bleeding procedure that this needs that i dont know about or whats your guys thoughts. thanks

Mike10

You will need to remove the hydraulic pump and install new internal seals. The lower viscosity oil will cause you a problem when the internal seals can not maintain a tight enough seal around the pump gears. Not a big deal and not that expensive.

OP
OP
C

codynutts

You will need to remove the hydraulic pump and install new internal seals. The lower viscosity oil will cause you a problem when the internal seals can not maintain a tight enough seal around the pump gears. Not a big deal and not that expensive.
well, i just read on another tread that there is a brass and or plastic filter under the seat on the right side by your foot controll, i went out there and look and sure enough there was, drained some fluid and the filter was packed with shi*, going to get a new filter tomorrow morrning and clean the brass one and throw it back together and see what it does.

Earthwerks Unlimited

well, i just read on another tread that there is a brass and or plastic filter under the seat on the right side by your foot controll, i went out there and look and sure enough there was, drained some fluid and the filter was packed with shi*, going to get a new filter tomorrow morrning and clean the brass one and throw it back together and see what it does.
Have you cleaned the vertical strainer near the front right side of the seat area? It sounds like the pump is starving for oil and cavitating, which if the strainer is clogged will happen. My 555's strainer had an organic "snot" all over it.

OP
OP
C

codynutts

Have you cleaned the vertical strainer near the front right side of the seat area? It sounds like the pump is starving for oil and cavitating, which if the strainer is clogged will happen. My 555's strainer had an organic "snot" all over it.
yeah found that and she was full of snot. got it cleaned and works great now