NH C175 Engine Oil Pressure Problem on Cold Start?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

epasay

Hi, I have a 2008 New Holland C175 with a N844LT engine with engine? or is this indication of a blocked oil strainer? I was running 15W40 Rotella in the summer - and for a cold engine start on a summer day the light would only be on for 1 to 3 seconds - which seems normal to me. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

Mike10

It is not unusual for the light to stay on a long time when the engine is cold and has sat awhile. The oil pressure sender is the last item to receive oil pressure because of where it is located.

Cobra-R

They had a problem with oil pressure relief valves on those engines. There was a campaign that your machine might have needed, or had done. Regardless, I would check into this. We have had several damaged engines this. The good news is the relief valve is easily removed from the outside of the engine.

OP
OP
E

epasay

They had a problem with oil pressure relief valves on those engines. There was a campaign that your machine might have needed, or had done. Regardless, I would check into this. We have had several damaged engines this. The good news is the relief valve is easily removed from the outside of the engine.
Gents, Thanks for the feedback - I appreciate both comments.