New To The Forum.. New Holland L785 Questions

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

tysonmatc2

I just purchased my first skidsteer, New Holland L785 with 5,000 hours, Ford Motor. After time and time again of borrowing this buddy's and that buddy's skidsteer I figured it was time to get my own. A couple questions I have about the one I just picked up last night. It needs a new fuel shutoff solenoid (electronic) and I was wondering where the best place to buy one is? Also, one of the cylinders for the bucket is leaking hydraulic fluid. The guy I got it from said that his buddy owed him a favor and would fix it for nothing if I took it off and shipped it UPS to him, however looking online I think the seal kits are like $15-$20 aren't they? How hard are they to change? Just wondering what some good measures to take on this machine are to make sure it last. I was thinking of changing to the fluids and filters and someone mentioned checking the chain tension or adjustment, how do you do that? And lastly, the tires. They are recaps, the tread is worn but still looks like alot of "solid rubber" left, he said they were a construction tire? My plans with the skidsteer are to use it for landscaping around my house we are building right now, and then use it for snow removal around town in the winter. My buddy has an extra set of tracks he will let me borrow for finishing my house, then I was thinking I could just get a set of skidsteer chains for the front tires for the winter.... Thoughts and concerns are appreciated! Thanks

Tazza

Staff member
Rams are pretty simple to do, the hardest part is getting the gland nuts off as they can be rather tight, same with the piston nuts. The installation of the seals is very simple.
I'd change all fluids and filters, then you know where you stand. Sorry, not sure if chains can be adjusted or not on that model, not all can.

OP
OP
T

tysonmatc2

Rams are pretty simple to do, the hardest part is getting the gland nuts off as they can be rather tight, same with the piston nuts. The installation of the seals is very simple.
I'd change all fluids and filters, then you know where you stand. Sorry, not sure if chains can be adjusted or not on that model, not all can.
Thanks for the info. Someone suggested that the fuel shut off solenoid could not be working correctly if it were not getting a full 12V of power. The end of the wire is a bit loose/dirty so I am going to try to clean those contacts before spending the $60 on a new solenoid. I just bought the online .pdf Service Manual. If anyone has the Ford manual for the motor I would be interested in doing a little..... trading ;) [email protected]