New Holland LX565 - Not registering battery voltage - Won't Run

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Ajkolar930

Hello. I am new to the forum, and new to the world of skid steers. I bought a new holland LX565 from a farm implement dealer last week to use on my acreage. It ran fine when I picked it up and when I got it home last week. It has basically been parked in the driveway for about 5 days and when I went to start it this evening and it will turn over but not start. I noticed that the voltage reading on the digital EIC display reads 0. However, the battery is charged and both cable connections are secure. The machine WILL start just fine when in "Service" mode, but shuts down immediately when switching to run. It seems to me like it may be a bad connection somewhere... Can someone please point me in some direction to start trouble shooting this problem. I am mechanically inclined, but have very limited experience with skid steers. I do know that the dealer put a brand new EIC / Display in it when preparing for sale as the original was defective.

mfyock

Put machine in run mode. Sit in seat. If dash lights up the seat switch is working. Dash should flash the seatbelt light. Put the seatbelt on. does the light go out? IF it does the seatbelt is working. In SERViCE mode the seat and belt are bypassed. Let us know what you find.

OP
OP
A

Ajkolar930

Put machine in run mode. Sit in seat. If dash lights up the seat switch is working. Dash should flash the seatbelt light. Put the seatbelt on. does the light go out? IF it does the seatbelt is working. In SERViCE mode the seat and belt are bypassed. Let us know what you find.
In "run" mode, when I sit on the seat all lights illuminate for a second and then the parking brake and seat belt lights flash. When I secure the seat belt, the seat belt light goes out (parking brake light remains on). At this point the machine will turn over but will not start. Again, if I cycle through the display options, the battery voltage reads .0, but the battery is charged to 100%. In Service mode, when I sit on the seat and turn the key, the machine starts immediately, but the battery light starts flashing.

Mike10

In "run" mode, when I sit on the seat all lights illuminate for a second and then the parking brake and seat belt lights flash. When I secure the seat belt, the seat belt light goes out (parking brake light remains on). At this point the machine will turn over but will not start. Again, if I cycle through the display options, the battery voltage reads .0, but the battery is charged to 100%. In Service mode, when I sit on the seat and turn the key, the machine starts immediately, but the battery light starts flashing.
In the engine fuse and relay box is a long relay called the start interlock relay. When you crank the enigne in run mode, the interlock relay completes the circuit for the enigne to crank and also completes another cirucuit for the fuel shut off relay. The voltage to energize the crank part of the relay comes from the seat belt circuit. The voltage for the fuel shut off cirucit of the start interlock relay comes from a 5A fuse in the cab fuse block. Check your cab fuese first. If they are good then go to the start interlock relay and see if you have power to the orange wire with the key on. There should only be one terminal with voltage with the key on and no one in the seat. If you have power at the relay then the relay is probably bad.