New holland Ls190 no drive power on R/S

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Joefire

Hello all, I have some tech. questions in testing the pumps on this unit. Unit has boom, bucket power, L/s drive works but seems sluggish, R/s drive inop. I first tested hydro. charge pressure spec. calls for250-300psi under full throttle, I have 210. I found wire in harness for pressure switch backed out , so I guess this machine had some issues in the past.Next test was Hydro pump case drain ,R/s 2.5gallons in less than a minute @ idle. The spec. is 1.5gallons per minute@ full throttle. L/s was less than 2 Quarts @ full throttle. I know the R/s pump supplies the left side , do you think that is why my flow on L/s is low? I was going to check Motor case drain next. Any input would be appreciated. JOE

skidsteer.ca

I was not aware there was a case drain on the hydro pumps. (but that likely just me)
As for the motor case drains, the less oil that comes out of them, the better shape the motor is.
I would not think your charge pressure is low enough that one side would be inoperative. And charge pressure would affect both side equally. Hopefully you will here from someone more familar with the L190
Ken

92LX555

I was not aware there was a case drain on the hydro pumps. (but that likely just me)
As for the motor case drains, the less oil that comes out of them, the better shape the motor is.
I would not think your charge pressure is low enough that one side would be inoperative. And charge pressure would affect both side equally. Hopefully you will here from someone more familar with the L190
Ken
Joe, I don't know much about the LS190 as I have a LX555. I do however have the same issue on the left side. My charge light comes on when rasing the boom and I had no forward or reverse on the left side. Although not proven, I beleive my issue to be abd hydraulic fluid. I have replaced the two filters and it seemed to get better. My fluid is mily grey and as soon as I can I will drain and replace the fluid. I also need to clean the filter screen as well. I will keep you posted and please do the same with your machine.

mllud

Joe, I don't know much about the LS190 as I have a LX555. I do however have the same issue on the left side. My charge light comes on when rasing the boom and I had no forward or reverse on the left side. Although not proven, I beleive my issue to be abd hydraulic fluid. I have replaced the two filters and it seemed to get better. My fluid is mily grey and as soon as I can I will drain and replace the fluid. I also need to clean the filter screen as well. I will keep you posted and please do the same with your machine.
92lx555 I was not aware of a filter screen on N/H can you tell me where they ,or it is located. I may check mine. Anyones input apreciated. Mike

mllud

92lx555 I was not aware of a filter screen on N/H can you tell me where they ,or it is located. I may check mine. Anyones input apreciated. Mike
Joe: I I didnt mean to butt jn on your post with my question. I cant help you with your L/s pump question but I am curious where you got all your Hydraulic test information. It may be valuable to have. Mike

92LX555

Joe: I I didnt mean to butt jn on your post with my question. I cant help you with your L/s pump question but I am curious where you got all your Hydraulic test information. It may be valuable to have. Mike
It should be up front by the foot controls on the right side. It sits right behind the cover under the seat. To access mine I have to remove the cover and it screws off from the top. 3/4" socket should remove the cap and then you can get the filter screen.

Earthwerks Unlimited

The screen he's referring to is a prescreener for primarily filtering out junk collected from the chain cases (WHAT were they thinking when they designed THAT?). Newer machines use spin- on filters. 92lx are you sure it's up front? Like I mentioned in your other post, at least on my old L555 it's going to be just under the seat or close to it on the right hand side (sitting in machine). You need to remove the cover under the front of the seat to see it. Does your machine not look anything like the current "body" styles? Mine looked like the former body style that had a very low, boxy rear engine cover that opened rearward.

mllud

The screen he's referring to is a prescreener for primarily filtering out junk collected from the chain cases (WHAT were they thinking when they designed THAT?). Newer machines use spin- on filters. 92lx are you sure it's up front? Like I mentioned in your other post, at least on my old L555 it's going to be just under the seat or close to it on the right hand side (sitting in machine). You need to remove the cover under the front of the seat to see it. Does your machine not look anything like the current "body" styles? Mine looked like the former body style that had a very low, boxy rear engine cover that opened rearward.
Earthwerks: My chaincase is not my resavoir. I have the seperate resavoir with the spin on filter.I have a mid 90/s LX 865. I agree That was a poor sytem using chaincase oil with Hydraulic oil.I realized after he anwered what he was talking about. I Thought I may have missed something on mine. Thanks

92LX555

Earthwerks: My chaincase is not my resavoir. I have the seperate resavoir with the spin on filter.I have a mid 90/s LX 865. I agree That was a poor sytem using chaincase oil with Hydraulic oil.I realized after he anwered what he was talking about. I Thought I may have missed something on mine. Thanks
I am positive on my unit that the screen system is located on the right side by the foot controls. I also have not one but two spin on type filters that are in the back of the unit in the engine compartment. There has to be a big difference bewteen these tow machines as my reservoirs is the chain case reservoir. The ls190 apparently is different.

mllud

I am positive on my unit that the screen system is located on the right side by the foot controls. I also have not one but two spin on type filters that are in the back of the unit in the engine compartment. There has to be a big difference bewteen these tow machines as my reservoirs is the chain case reservoir. The ls190 apparently is different.
92lx555 you are correct. The system you have is what they used prior to installing a seperate tank for the hyd. system. Thanks for your response. Mike

OP
OP
J

Joefire

92lx555 you are correct. The system you have is what they used prior to installing a seperate tank for the hyd. system. Thanks for your response. Mike
hello all, I have an update on my problem. My service manual has the test procedures so I was going to test drainback on the motors but the lines in the man. do not match my set up . i then decided to swap the hoses from the left pump,you have to move some things but its not impossible.The R/s motor worked, I removed R/S pump and disassembled a bearing behind the charge pump exploded, Mainshaft damaged also. I ordered a rebuilt pump from N.H. Possibly some bearing material stuck in pressure relief valves also. This unit has spin on filter, the only other screen I know of is the strainer at the tank. The chain cases have their own suppy of gear oil. There is a separate Diff. fill in back of engine for the drive gears on the main pumps . Still not sure why drainback on L/S pump so low need to retest after I replace the R/s pump. JOE

92LX555

hello all, I have an update on my problem. My service manual has the test procedures so I was going to test drainback on the motors but the lines in the man. do not match my set up . i then decided to swap the hoses from the left pump,you have to move some things but its not impossible.The R/s motor worked, I removed R/S pump and disassembled a bearing behind the charge pump exploded, Mainshaft damaged also. I ordered a rebuilt pump from N.H. Possibly some bearing material stuck in pressure relief valves also. This unit has spin on filter, the only other screen I know of is the strainer at the tank. The chain cases have their own suppy of gear oil. There is a separate Diff. fill in back of engine for the drive gears on the main pumps . Still not sure why drainback on L/S pump so low need to retest after I replace the R/s pump. JOE
Just curious but how much did the rebuilt pump from N.H. cost? I think my problem with the loss of propulsion on the left side onmy 1992 LX555 is also the pump. I have called a few shops that repair the pumps and worst case with them rebuilding my pump is $850.

Tazza

Staff member
Just curious but how much did the rebuilt pump from N.H. cost? I think my problem with the loss of propulsion on the left side onmy 1992 LX555 is also the pump. I have called a few shops that repair the pumps and worst case with them rebuilding my pump is $850.
If thats for your hydrostatic pumps, thats a really good price. If thats for the hydraulic pump, it seems a bit expensive to me.

92LX555

If thats for your hydrostatic pumps, thats a really good price. If thats for the hydraulic pump, it seems a bit expensive to me.
That is for the hydrastatic pump....just the left side. New ones are around $1600.

Tazza

Staff member
That is for the hydrastatic pump....just the left side. New ones are around $1600.
Sounds reasonable to me!
If you have any mechanical ability, and are willing to spend a little time on it, i would open the pump and look at the plates. You can flatten then with sandpaper and glass, but this is totally your choice. You may even get in there and find its all in top shape and you just have a plugged relief valve. You won't know until you open the pump up and pull the valves out.
Good luck with it.

OP
OP
J

Joefire

Sounds reasonable to me!
If you have any mechanical ability, and are willing to spend a little time on it, i would open the pump and look at the plates. You can flatten then with sandpaper and glass, but this is totally your choice. You may even get in there and find its all in top shape and you just have a plugged relief valve. You won't know until you open the pump up and pull the valves out.
Good luck with it.
The reman. pump cost 1300 plus 300 core charge . new is over 2000 . Its a great idea to disassemble pump to determine what happend , you could have other problems that caused failure. In my case the bearing or what was left of it didnt show any signs of oil starvation etc. I decided to go with n.h. reman. cause my back cannot handle r/r more than once.