New Holland LS 170

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Hello New to site I need help.I just purchased a used 2000 LS 170 from a auction which has 1050.00 hours on it. When I was changing the fluids I noticed that when I had the bucket a few feet off the ground engine off the hydraulic bled off slowly.So in about two hours the bucket was on the ground.Where do I start I cant see any fluid leaks. Thanks in advance for your guys help.

Tazza

Staff member
Firstly i would check or even change your lift arm ram seals. The piston seals may be leaking internally causing the arms to drop. Its not most common issue.
Depending on how far it lowered over the 2 hours it may be acceptable.
I think i remember a member telling us that bobcat feel that WITHOUT a bucket, 6 inches per hour of fall is acceptable.

irvi00

I really wouldn't be that concerned with the leak down. Both my new hollands do it and it doesn't bother me much. I've even seen brand new machines leak down faster than that. As long as the fluid is not leaking "out", only bypassing, I wouldn't worry about it.

skidsteer.ca

I really wouldn't be that concerned with the leak down. Both my new hollands do it and it doesn't bother me much. I've even seen brand new machines leak down faster than that. As long as the fluid is not leaking "out", only bypassing, I wouldn't worry about it.
Imo don't worry about it. My 160 has done that since I got it at 400 hours. 1200 on it now and still about the same. New Holland must use a packing in the cylinder that does not seal as tight as Bobcat (which usually hold very well) They oil is bypassing your cylinder piston internally but at a rate that slow there is no harm in leaving it.
Skidsteer.ca

OP
OP

Imo don't worry about it. My 160 has done that since I got it at 400 hours. 1200 on it now and still about the same. New Holland must use a packing in the cylinder that does not seal as tight as Bobcat (which usually hold very well) They oil is bypassing your cylinder piston internally but at a rate that slow there is no harm in leaving it.
Skidsteer.ca
Ok then I wont worry about it again thanks for your guys reply's