Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

OP
OP
R

rbsteer

From the service manual.
Hydraulic reservoir oil foaming/milky
Air or water in system
Check for air leak on suction side of pump and check reservoir fill neck for leaks allowing water to enter system Check for air leak in hydrostatic pump case drain line from hydrostatic pumps to suction side of gear pump.

You could also have seals leaking on the input shafts of the hydro pumps or output shaft of the motors. Your NH dealer should have a special tool that can pressutize the system to help pinpoint the problem. Is the engine gearbox filling with oil?
Good Info. Definately not water. Will try to check all fittings to make sure they are tight. If that dosen't work to the dealership I guess

jerry

Good Info. Definately not water. Will try to check all fittings to make sure they are tight. If that dosen't work to the dealership I guess
On these forums I have seen shaving cream reccomended for finding suction leaks also. I guess you put it on a fitting and start the machine and if there is a leak it will dimple the foam. Never tried it though.

OP
OP
R

rbsteer

From the service manual.
Hydraulic reservoir oil foaming/milky
Air or water in system
Check for air leak on suction side of pump and check reservoir fill neck for leaks allowing water to enter system Check for air leak in hydrostatic pump case drain line from hydrostatic pumps to suction side of gear pump.

You could also have seals leaking on the input shafts of the hydro pumps or output shaft of the motors. Your NH dealer should have a special tool that can pressutize the system to help pinpoint the problem. Is the engine gearbox filling with oil?
Engine gear box not filling. Thank goodness. I found a page in repair manual that says to pressurize oil reservoir to 4 pounds of air pressure and test for several hours to find leaks in lines and fittings. But willl not show internal leaks. Sounds easy enough. Your thoughts????????

jerry

Engine gear box not filling. Thank goodness. I found a page in repair manual that says to pressurize oil reservoir to 4 pounds of air pressure and test for several hours to find leaks in lines and fittings. But willl not show internal leaks. Sounds easy enough. Your thoughts????????
That does sound easy enough but you would have to either put a tee in a line going into the tank or a non-vented cap fitted for a air inlet on the fill tube. It would only check as far as the first valve or restriction though. Even 4 pounds though may deform a plastic tank. Try the shaving foam first.

hlw

My LX885 got a big leak in the case drain that goes from the front motor and tees in at the back motor. the parts list shows a standard or deluxe line. One is longer than the other. how do I know which one it is before I take it off. It sounds like this line lets in air if it leaks but mine is leaking oil out. Maybe it can do both depending on whether driving or parked?