New Holland L555 control box

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Bearscratch

Hello, Started to get a little use out of my L555 that I just finished sticking a new motor in, and now I'm coming across an electrical gremlin. I'm beginning to assume my control box is shot, but I really don't feel like sticking another $650 into this machine to find out. The seat belt light seems to work just fine, but after running the machine for about 10 minutes it just decides to lock me out of the hydraulics. At that point if you shut it down, it will not even let me start it with the service switch on. Let it sit for 15 minutes or so and it will work again, but repeat the process after running for 10 minutes or so. Any pointers or advice, or a way to jump around that entire control box would be appreciated. Keith

jerry

What is the engine temperature when it shuts down? Do you think it may be doing it due to overheat?

Mike10

http://www.skidsteerforum.com/DesktopDefault.aspx?tabid=54&frmView=ShowPost&PostID=66376

OP
OP
B

Bearscratch

http://www.skidsteerforum.com/DesktopDefault.aspx?tabid=54&frmView=ShowPost&PostID=66376
Jerry, I do not nelieve it is an engine overheat or heat sensor failure. When I installed the engine I did not have a temp sensor for it, and had this problem. I've since installed the temp sensor and nothing has changed. I'm not getting a high temp light, and the machine has no gauge. Mike, I read the post you linked to. Lots of good information there. One thing is, since I've had the machine none of the led lights on the panel have ever worked. I haven't had the machine long. Bought it at auction and put about 6 hours on it before cracking the head, which at that time I did not experience this issue. Have about 3 hours on the new engine and all that time I've been fighting this. I chased back all my electric connections, and haven't found anything loose. I'm going to try the battery connection one more time just to be sure.

OP
OP
B

Bearscratch

Jerry, I do not nelieve it is an engine overheat or heat sensor failure. When I installed the engine I did not have a temp sensor for it, and had this problem. I've since installed the temp sensor and nothing has changed. I'm not getting a high temp light, and the machine has no gauge. Mike, I read the post you linked to. Lots of good information there. One thing is, since I've had the machine none of the led lights on the panel have ever worked. I haven't had the machine long. Bought it at auction and put about 6 hours on it before cracking the head, which at that time I did not experience this issue. Have about 3 hours on the new engine and all that time I've been fighting this. I chased back all my electric connections, and haven't found anything loose. I'm going to try the battery connection one more time just to be sure.
Well, tried the battery terminals. Didn't help. I Did take notice though that the solenoid led on the panel does light up. It will go in and out when the seat belt is unbuckled or re inserted. None of the other lights come on though. When it did quit on me the sol light did go out. I think from here I'm going to have to test voltages in the seat and seatbelt wires at the time when it is not working and compare to when they are working. Hopefully I may be getting somewhere. For some reason which I am not sure though I think it has to do with how long you are sitting in the seat and not how long it is running due to the fact I was sitting in the seat with it working fine while making this post and it went out again and will not start now with the machine not even running.

Mike10

Well, tried the battery terminals. Didn't help. I Did take notice though that the solenoid led on the panel does light up. It will go in and out when the seat belt is unbuckled or re inserted. None of the other lights come on though. When it did quit on me the sol light did go out. I think from here I'm going to have to test voltages in the seat and seatbelt wires at the time when it is not working and compare to when they are working. Hopefully I may be getting somewhere. For some reason which I am not sure though I think it has to do with how long you are sitting in the seat and not how long it is running due to the fact I was sitting in the seat with it working fine while making this post and it went out again and will not start now with the machine not even running.
There is a 6 amp circuit breaker in the engine compartment which sends power to the controller. It is on the right side wall of the frame where the starter and preheat relay is located. I would start there and check if the breaker is bad or if you have a wiring problem.

Mike10

There is a 6 amp circuit breaker in the engine compartment which sends power to the controller. It is on the right side wall of the frame where the starter and preheat relay is located. I would start there and check if the breaker is bad or if you have a wiring problem.
There are two circuit breakers there so be sure you check the right one.