Napa Hydraulic Fluid in 753

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

bobcat miner

Can I use Napa Hydraulic Fluid in my 753? I'm sure this has come up, but the Bobcat fluid is so expensive. Any thoughts? If so, what weight? thanks

oracle_of_ferndale

A lot of folks in this forum use 10W-40. I use the least expensive hydro fluid at Tractor Supply. Never heard anyone suggest a benefit from using Bobcat brand fluid.

antfarmer2

A lot of folks in this forum use 10W-40. I use the least expensive hydro fluid at Tractor Supply. Never heard anyone suggest a benefit from using Bobcat brand fluid.
From what I have seen most use 10-30 10-40 I use 15-40 for all engine hydro and chain case but live in Texas

Tazza

Staff member
They want to sell thiers
If it's under warranty, you must use their oil.
I have never had issues running engine oil in my machines. They do have additives for engines, they say there is a possibility of getting damage from them, i'm just not sure how.
The biggest killer is the weight of the oil, too thin and it will not lubricate enough and cause damage.
I have always kept in my mind that the pumps and motors are not made by bobcat, they are generic and they will not have bobcat fluid running through them in other aplications. Some may have the bobcat stamp, but i'd bet most are made by vickers/eaton for use in multiple hydraulic machines.

OP
OP
B

bobcat miner

If it's under warranty, you must use their oil.
I have never had issues running engine oil in my machines. They do have additives for engines, they say there is a possibility of getting damage from them, i'm just not sure how.
The biggest killer is the weight of the oil, too thin and it will not lubricate enough and cause damage.
I have always kept in my mind that the pumps and motors are not made by bobcat, they are generic and they will not have bobcat fluid running through them in other aplications. Some may have the bobcat stamp, but i'd bet most are made by vickers/eaton for use in multiple hydraulic machines.
You guys have been a big help. thank you