Mulching Head

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

genco

I am looking at a used Magnum mulcher and want to know if anyone currently runs one and if so what do you think of the performance? This is one made before they sold the company to Bradco but it is basically the same head with few changes that you can see. I will be using the mulcher on a Bobcat T320 with high flow. Thanks for any info you may have.

OP
OP
G

genco

I can't beleive that nobody has used one of these mulching heads. I guess they are not used as much as I thought.

Tazza

Staff member
I can't beleive that nobody has used one of these mulching heads. I guess they are not used as much as I thought.
I have never used one either, i guess its more of a user specific attachment. Over here, you knock down trees then feed them into a wood chipper, its not that common you need to clear an area in a way that the mulching head would be a better idea.
With that said, it does look impressive, what happens if you hit a rock though? will it nuke the cutting head/blades?

Jock.

I have never used one either, i guess its more of a user specific attachment. Over here, you knock down trees then feed them into a wood chipper, its not that common you need to clear an area in a way that the mulching head would be a better idea.
With that said, it does look impressive, what happens if you hit a rock though? will it nuke the cutting head/blades?
I would prefer the knock over and push into a pile and burn method.
Or just use a stick/root rake.