M700 value

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

adsmith72

I have stumbled across an old 700 with a backhoe attachment. They both are in decent shape, but have been sitting outside for at least a year or so. I cant try either piece. He said the 700 runs but probably should be rebuilt. I dont need either piece. Jyst thought I might resell. He is motivated sell. I don't know much about the 700. Any thoughts

Impact-vector

where are you ? Where is he ? Plans to get it on a trailer? I would probably get a wrecker and have them pull it on the bed. aside from that if the price is right you could do ok .

HanSolo

I know quite a bit about the M700. It's a 600 series chassis with hydrostatic drive. It has a 30 hp. Wisconsin VH4D air cooled engine. That's coupled to the hydraulic pump with a u-joint that's prone to failure if not greased. The general purpose bucket should be 60". I purchased mine in a non-running state for $1950 (too much) but aside from having to rebuild the motor - repairs have been fairly inexpensive. You can have the engine rebuilt for less than $2000 (plus shipping). I'm asking $6000 for mine and it's in very good shape now. You can find them at used equipment sellers online for $2500 - $3500 in rough condition. What model backhoe attachment does the seller have. I'm looking for one.

OP
OP
A

adsmith72

I know quite a bit about the M700. It's a 600 series chassis with hydrostatic drive. It has a 30 hp. Wisconsin VH4D air cooled engine. That's coupled to the hydraulic pump with a u-joint that's prone to failure if not greased. The general purpose bucket should be 60". I purchased mine in a non-running state for $1950 (too much) but aside from having to rebuild the motor - repairs have been fairly inexpensive. You can have the engine rebuilt for less than $2000 (plus shipping). I'm asking $6000 for mine and it's in very good shape now. You can find them at used equipment sellers online for $2500 - $3500 in rough condition. What model backhoe attachment does the seller have. I'm looking for one.
I think it is a D100. I just dont know if I have it in me to refurbish another bobcat. I have done two. The one I have now is really nice. I dont want this 700, but if I could turn it and make a buck I might try. I have to get it running good and spruce it up. I just afraid of what I might get into.

HanSolo

I think it is a D100. I just dont know if I have it in me to refurbish another bobcat. I have done two. The one I have now is really nice. I dont want this 700, but if I could turn it and make a buck I might try. I have to get it running good and spruce it up. I just afraid of what I might get into.
The D100 backhoe attachment would be the correct time period for the M700. What condition is that in? What's your location?