M444 Variable Speed Questions

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

bwthor

Any experts out there that could answer a couple questions regarding the Variable Speed on my old Bobcat?

I started leaking oil all over the belt and frame, and am assuming it is coming from the drive clutch. I pulled it apart, and other than the O-Rings being a bit hard, I'm not seeing any issues, so I'd like to replace them and reassemble. Any tips on this, or things to look for? Is there some type of bleeding sequence when I reassemble?

I stopped in to the local Bobcat dealer, and they didn't have parts. Their main parts guy was supposed to call back, but seeing that I haven't heard from them, I'm guessing parts aren't available. Anyone know of a parts source for this? I'm striking out online.

Biggest question is looking at the parts diagram, there are two #24 O-rings required - See Image link at bottom. O-Ring #24 goes over the brass piston #9 to seal to the inner wall of #11, but I can't figure out where the second #24 goes. I just don't see another on mine. The only thing I can come up with is that it is used as a cushion for the piston to bump in to on full movement, and who ever had it apart before I got it didn't put it back in.

text

walio123

I think positions 27 and 24 are the same o-rings.I have not repaired this module for a long time. I'm not sure, though. Write me an email and I'll send you full service manual.

OP
OP
B

bwthor

I think positions 27 and 24 are the same o-rings.I have not repaired this module for a long time. I'm not sure, though. Write me an email and I'll send you full service manual.
#24 and #27 are different. #27 seals the brass threaded end to the bore of the cylinder. #24 goes around the piston. It is the two #24's that concern me.

OP
OP
B

bwthor

More specifically, #27 seals the brass end #7 to the body of #11. #24 goes around the piston #9 and seals that to the inner bore of #11. And thanks for the offer of the manual, I've sent an email.

walio123

More specifically, #27 seals the brass end #7 to the body of #11. #24 goes around the piston #9 and seals that to the inner bore of #11. And thanks for the offer of the manual, I've sent an email.
Looking at the diagram, the second ring must be in position 11. There must be a channel where you put it. It's just a hydraulic single-acting cylinder. Position 11 is the cylinder tube. take a look inside her. If there is no channel at the bottom, the ring may play the role of a pad so that the piston does not hit the pipe wall. The pressure in this cylinder is not high, I think it was about 20 bars.

Latest posts