LX885 pedle adjustment.................

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

rodbuilder

I have an LX885 that I'm selling and a customer seems to think that there's something wrong with the hydraulics because HE can't get the boom to lift fast. I've probably owned 60 skid loaders and tried to explain to him that if the peddles aren't adjusted for his height (he's about 5-4 and I'm 6-7!!) that he's not going to be able to press down on them without getting a new pair of REALLY flexible ankles!!! I asked him before he ran it if he had run a skid loader before , but it was pretty obvious that he hadn't. He seems to think that the machine will lift a fully-loaded 6 foot bucket the same speed as when it's empty and I told him that it would require a little more ankle movement form him on the way up. That said, I got him to agree on the phone tonight that the machine IS holding a load when it's in the air, so the cylinder seals aren't bypassing.......and it does keep the load up with no problem, which, to me, indicates a need to adjust the foot peddles.......at least for his shorter stature. So can someone please tell me how to adjust the foot peddles on this 885? I know how to do this on a Bobcat, but is a New Holland set up the same way, or is it more difficult to do? Thanks for any help.

mfyock

There isn't any way to adjust the height, only the angle of them. There should be a bolt on the side of the peddle. Loosen the bolt and you can shift the angle of the peddle, and retighten the bolt. However, I would be very surprised if you are able to loosen the bolt without breaking it off..The bolt threads into a bracket with a nut welded to it. So a broken off bolt is a bit of an issue...

Latest posts