Lx885 injector pump not working???

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Soiled

I have an lx885 w 2700 hours and have worked on it more than I have used it. 2 weeks ago when it was down in the teens I started the unit but it was so cold the seat belt switch was frozen and the bucket would not work. skip ahead a week, tried to start the unit but it only cranks and cranks, cracked the HP lines at the head and no fuel. Since I've been here before with a stuck fuel solenoid I figured it was stuck again. Pulled it out put 12v to it and it bench tested fine so I put it back in with no luck. Since it was so cold, I pulled the filters to look for "gelling" , the water separator had some serious jello like substance which I assume is fuel that has jelled? Cleaned it out and installed a new fuel filter but the injector pump has no suction. I cleaned almost all the hardlines going to the pump, the supply line from the tank, made sure the suction tube in the tank was clear and filled the filter and separator with more fuel. Oh yeah and even had my wife turn the key on and doubled checked the solenoid just to make sure it was releasing. Now to my questions-- Could there be something not allowing the Inj pump to suck? Would air in the injector not allow it to suck? I have cracked the HP lines again to purge with no luck, I have done this in the past to purge the system and it worked fine. For some reason I am getting no suction. I forgot to mention that I pulled the 3/8ths soft line that goes to the tank and checked for suction there while cranking to confirm there is Zero suction. Only thing I can think of is to buy a new fuel solenoid just to totally rule it out. If anyone has ANY other suggestions please shoot them at me. Oh yeah, there is plenty of fuel in the tank, not that it would make any impact on the injector sucking, I just wanted to include it. Thanks for ANY help

jerry

That is probably different than my 1x665 on which the line comes from the tank to the clear inline filter then to the fuel pump which is kind of hidden behind the metal surrounding the radiator then to the water seperator and then to the injector pump. If it is like that you should hear the fuel pump run when you just turn the key on. If it does take the output line off to see if gunk comes out. actually just guessing on this. I have worked on mine far more than I have run it so far.

jerry

That is probably different than my 1x665 on which the line comes from the tank to the clear inline filter then to the fuel pump which is kind of hidden behind the metal surrounding the radiator then to the water seperator and then to the injector pump. If it is like that you should hear the fuel pump run when you just turn the key on. If it does take the output line off to see if gunk comes out. actually just guessing on this. I have worked on mine far more than I have run it so far.
I have not had your problem yet but have you tried pouring some hot water on the lines where you can? I don't know if it would help but what would it hurt?

OP
OP
S

Soiled

I have not had your problem yet but have you tried pouring some hot water on the lines where you can? I don't know if it would help but what would it hurt?
yeah our setups are different, I have cleaned most lines leading to the injector even went as far as taking off the front part of the injector when the injector filter is and cleaned out that area. the problem was be inside the pump. It has been really warm so using hot water I don't think will do much if anything, I guess it wouldn't hurt. I am trying to find the injector section in my manuals and I'm having a hard time locating it. Has anyone had an injector pump rebuilt?

OP
OP
S

Soiled

yeah our setups are different, I have cleaned most lines leading to the injector even went as far as taking off the front part of the injector when the injector filter is and cleaned out that area. the problem was be inside the pump. It has been really warm so using hot water I don't think will do much if anything, I guess it wouldn't hurt. I am trying to find the injector section in my manuals and I'm having a hard time locating it. Has anyone had an injector pump rebuilt?
Whoa not everyone at once.. Anyways, I talked to mechanic that told me if the is any air present in the system the pump will NOT pump. So I am going to try and manually fill the entire system (since my hand pump is bad.) and see if it does the trick. I will post results either way.

skidsteer.ca

Whoa not everyone at once.. Anyways, I talked to mechanic that told me if the is any air present in the system the pump will NOT pump. So I am going to try and manually fill the entire system (since my hand pump is bad.) and see if it does the trick. I will post results either way.
Can you add a primer bulb from a boat to the supply side of the system? That's What Bobcat uses and is by far the best and simplest setup going. As for rebuilding your pump I'm sure most injection pump shop have the capability, but its never cheap.
Try the primer bulb idea first and see where you get. Lots of injection pumps will not suck fuel, they must be primed to get most of the air out. Some injection pumps that are getting weak at picking up fuel can be made to last for years by adding a electric fuel pump to push the fuel up to the injection pump, at a fraction of the cost of rebuilding the injection pump.
Ken