LX665 New problem with seat belt switch?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Dieselrider

I replaced the seat switch with the broken terminal. So this is related but different.When I first set in the seat all the panel lights light as they should and then the park brake light flashes. However, when I connect the seat belt the park brake light continues to flash. (I checked the seat belt switch with an ohm meter and it appears to work properly every time.) If I turn the key to run the park brake light stops blinking as it should. Now if I turn the key to start, the light will blink again and the skid steer will not start. If the seat belt switch is actually closing as it should, what else in the circuit could be causing the trouble? Any ideas? Thanks

Mike10

You need to check if you have 12v at the seat belt connector. You could have a bad seat harness. Power goes from the seat switch to the seat belt.

OP
OP
D

Dieselrider

You need to check if you have 12v at the seat belt connector. You could have a bad seat harness. Power goes from the seat switch to the seat belt.
Sorry it has taken this long to get back to this. I just checked the voltage at the seat belt switch and it is 12 volts present until I turn the switch to run, then a few seconds later I hear a click (relay?) then the voltage drops off to zero. What's up with that? I haven't looked at the schematic as yet. Heading there next.

Mike10

Sorry it has taken this long to get back to this. I just checked the voltage at the seat belt switch and it is 12 volts present until I turn the switch to run, then a few seconds later I hear a click (relay?) then the voltage drops off to zero. What's up with that? I haven't looked at the schematic as yet. Heading there next.
The click you are hearing is the glow plug relay.

Mike10

Any ideas as to what should be happening with the voltage? Should it drop off like that? What might be causing it if it shouldn't? Next check? Thanks Mike.
The next thing to try is to isolate the safety circuit from the main harness. When you do this you must have the boom lowered fully or on the boom lock pins. This information is for testing purposes only and not to be used for operating the loader.

Disconnect the seat harness from the main harness. The connector is behind the seat and can be reached on the right side of the engine compartment. Once you have it disconnected you will see three terminals in the connectors. Determine which is the main harness connector. Take a test light and find which terminal has power. Make up three wiring pigtails, with bullet connectors on one end and the outer cover stripped on the other end, which fit the terminals in the connector. Install the three pigtails in the main harness connector. Take the pigtail which has power and touch it to one of the other pigtails while watching the instrument panel. If the panel lights up like when you sit in the seat leave the wires connected. If the panel does not light up then disconnect those two pigtails and connect the other pigtail to the power pigrtail. Once the instrument panel lights up then connect the third pigtail to the other two. This tells the instrument panel that the seat belt is fastened. You must connect them in this order or you will not be able to start the unit. Now sit in the seat and start the engine and see if the hyd work. If everything works than your problem is in the safety circuit. It could be the seat harness, seat switch, seat belt or even the seat if it is in poor condition. After testing remove the pigtails. Do not try to operate the unit with the safety circuit by-passed.