LX665 High FLow

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

RevRich

Hi, I have a LX665 and I want to get a snow blower for it, however, I don't have the high flow option. I have read that the snow blowers required the high flow option. I have found a high flow kit on Ebay that says it can be installed in a LX665. http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Holland-John-Deere-High-Flow-Kit-/281643615644 My question is two fold, First, will a high flow kit be a good or bad idea for the 665 and second, will the kit on Ebay work with the LX665? Thanks for any help that you can offer.

Clone

Says it fits the JD version of the NH, but can be adapted. I guess you could send the seller a message and ask what all needs adapted. Seems like a very reasonable kit for the pump, hoses, lines, solenoid valve and all the fittings! I would be curious of the fit and quality of this kit. Bump for any info from others

nflodge

I have an LX565 High Flow machine with a Quickattach 61 inch snowblower. Rarely do I ever flip the switch to enable high flow operation as the blower works great, even in 12 to 15 inches of snow, at the standard 15 gpm flow rate. On my machine high flow bumps up the rate to about 22 to 24 gpm. I use it only when I need to power through really heavy water laden snow or densely compacted plowed snow banks. I'd suggest looking into the specs for the Quickattach line of snowblowers and find one that will work with your current setup. Installing high flow after the fact is not an easy task as the additional pump is toothed belt driven off the crank pulley and you'll have some interesting plumbing to do as well. Your LX665 is essentially my machine with a turbo that will give you additinal hp and flow rate, so by choosing the right blower attachment you might very well be very happy with your current machine setup and save yourself some money and frustration. Jerry on this forum has a 665 and he would be a great resource for info on your machine.