LX665 Flex plate

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Catbird LX665

OK, 3 is the charm they say. Well, "they" should be the one to do the work. I am about to replace the third flex plate and pump shaft on my Lx665 turbo. Eash time it just wears the spline off the shaft. These have been factory parts from the dealer. Does anyone have an idea what I can do to prevent the new set from repeating the problem? Was there a retrofit that fixes it? Ideas?

TonyP

OK, 3 is the charm they say. Well, "they" should be the one to do the work. I am about to replace the third flex plate and pump shaft on my Lx665 turbo. Eash time it just wears the spline off the shaft. These have been factory parts from the dealer. Does anyone have an idea what I can do to prevent the new set from repeating the problem? Was there a retrofit that fixes it? Ideas?

the Allen blts had back off that holds the Hub tight on the pump shaft. Oh and there is an internal snap ring inside this last hub at least that wont let the hug walk closer to the pump side. One time out of 3 the hub stayed in place and it stripped the plastic teeth on the flex plate.... I been looking for quiet a few hours into a better option because I should be getting more hours from these things. I think one went before the 40 to 60 hour mark. If you have found a better solution please let me know. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:

TonyP

Sorry Catbird...I got long winded and I hink i deleted the first part of my reply. I signed up and logged in and look forward to chatting with you fellers.

Shanmar

Tony, What model are you working on? I'm not sure you're describing the flex plate drive on a LX665.

Latest posts