LX565 Relacement Glow Plugs

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

nflodge

A while back in this forum a poster with an LX665 replaced his factory glow plugs with NGK 7464's from Rock Auto for something like 8 or 9 dollars each. That's a much better price than the 30 to 50 dollar OEM replacements from my NH dealer!!! Has anyone else used these NGK plugs and found them to be direct replacements? I'm beginning to have hard starting problems in cold weather with my '98 LX565 and want to replace all 4 glow plugs right off, but don't want to have to take out a loan to do it.

frogfarmer

Y701R is the replacement plug I use in the N844 engines but they are 15-20 dollars a piece. They are a direct replacement and work just as the OEM. The 7464 number is the same as Y701R. I keep a set of these on the shelf because they fit several engines from Mazda, Kubota, and ISM.

OP
OP
N

nflodge

Thanks for the confirmation on those glow plugs frogfarmer. Even if they're only 10 or 15 dollars cheaper than the NH OEM's I'm saving 40 to 60 bucks on them and would rather put that money into diesel fuel. Our local NAPA parts store carries a good selection of diesel parts. Maybe they can order a set for me or maybe even have some in stock. BTW, nice collection of equipment you have there.

Ivan

Thanks for the confirmation on those glow plugs frogfarmer. Even if they're only 10 or 15 dollars cheaper than the NH OEM's I'm saving 40 to 60 bucks on them and would rather put that money into diesel fuel. Our local NAPA parts store carries a good selection of diesel parts. Maybe they can order a set for me or maybe even have some in stock. BTW, nice collection of equipment you have there.
If you have a Carquest auto parts store they may have them if NAPA don't

frogfarmer

Thanks for the compliment. My local NAPA does not stock them but can get them in a day. I keep a set just in case I get a call.