Ls 180 skid steer

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Smokybanks

When starting my skid steer ,,,I sit on seat, fasten seat belt. Unit s tarts and runs fine however hydraulics won't work unless I unfasten seat belt then refasten then everything works ,, this a 2ooo yr unit I purchased new . The. Above situation started apron 5 years ago. I. Replaced seat belt and seat and seat sensor but did not help. Would appreciate any help on this matter

Mike10

Since it happens when starting, it is my theory the current draw during starting is great enough to drop the voltage to the instrument panel below it's threshold and the instrument panel resets. What I have seen is after the engine starts the instrument panel lights up just like it does when you first sit in the seat. I have not had the time to fully troubleshoot the problem but I have tried a different instrument panel, key switch, and service run switch. It is not the seat switch or seat belt if the instrument panel lights up after starting. If I ever get the time I would replace the starter and the battery cables. You might also want to check what the cold cranking amp CCA of your battery is. If it falls on the low end, below 900CCA that may also be a cause.

OP
OP
S

Smokybanks

Since it happens when starting, it is my theory the current draw during starting is great enough to drop the voltage to the instrument panel below it's threshold and the instrument panel resets. What I have seen is after the engine starts the instrument panel lights up just like it does when you first sit in the seat. I have not had the time to fully troubleshoot the problem but I have tried a different instrument panel, key switch, and service run switch. It is not the seat switch or seat belt if the instrument panel lights up after starting. If I ever get the time I would replace the starter and the battery cables. You might also want to check what the cold cranking amp CCA of your battery is. If it falls on the low end, below 900CCA that may also be a cause.
Thanks mike10. Unit has a new. Battery however I will check the coca and battery cables. The instrument panel does come back on after unit starts (fasten seat belt light). I just noe removed the instrument panel and to my surprise a dark blue cylinder (1 1/4 x 5/8 in diameter) fell out . I can see where it was solder on the board but have no idea what is or what function it does, the only visible writing I can see 85 c. And VX (M) unit starts and runs without this. ITs possible that I could of dislodged this when removing panel Thanks again

OP
OP
S

Smokybanks

Thanks mike10. Unit has a new. Battery however I will check the coca and battery cables. The instrument panel does come back on after unit starts (fasten seat belt light). I just noe removed the instrument panel and to my surprise a dark blue cylinder (1 1/4 x 5/8 in diameter) fell out . I can see where it was solder on the board but have no idea what is or what function it does, the only visible writing I can see 85 c. And VX (M) unit starts and runs without this. ITs possible that I could of dislodged this when removing panel Thanks again
Mike10. After further inspection , this blue item appears to be a capacitor (nichicon 2200 35V) . Could this be my problem ?

Mike10

Mike10. After further inspection , this blue item appears to be a capacitor (nichicon 2200 35V) . Could this be my problem ?
I am not sure what the part does. I know they will run and operate normally without it attached. Whether it is the cause of you problem I would say no since I have replaced the instrument panel with a known good panel and it did not correct the problem. You can have the instrument panel repaired at Ag-Express. They have several locations but the one in Iowa is the one that repairs these boards. You could try calling them to see if they can tell you what the part does. If you find out I would appreciate it if you would post the results of your inquiry.

OP
OP
S

Smokybanks

I am not sure what the part does. I know they will run and operate normally without it attached. Whether it is the cause of you problem I would say no since I have replaced the instrument panel with a known good panel and it did not correct the problem. You can have the instrument panel repaired at Ag-Express. They have several locations but the one in Iowa is the one that repairs these boards. You could try calling them to see if they can tell you what the part does. If you find out I would appreciate it if you would post the results of your inquiry.
Mike 10. Well I took my board down to ag express . They re-soldered that blue looking capacitor back in place. The counter guy saiid yep that it was a capacitor to handle surges in the eleec. System. Then the tech that checked out my board and re-soldered said no, and that it was a noise filter. Long story short but when I put the board back on everything worked perfect. I have been fighting this thing for over 5 years and even my dealer could not figure it out. I want to thank you for your help however I doubt that you will have this issue come up again. By the way ,the charge was only 35 $ very reasonable I thought

Mike10

Mike 10. Well I took my board down to ag express . They re-soldered that blue looking capacitor back in place. The counter guy saiid yep that it was a capacitor to handle surges in the eleec. System. Then the tech that checked out my board and re-soldered said no, and that it was a noise filter. Long story short but when I put the board back on everything worked perfect. I have been fighting this thing for over 5 years and even my dealer could not figure it out. I want to thank you for your help however I doubt that you will have this issue come up again. By the way ,the charge was only 35 $ very reasonable I thought
Thanks for posting the result of the repair. Glad it fixed your problem. It always feels good to finally fix a prolonged problem.