Looking to buy a Mustang 2040. Any thoughts???

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Dman1989

Hey guys. I am looking at a Mustang 2040. It's about 4 hours away so I am wondering what to look for? If it's a good machine? Dependable? Easy to work on? What do you think? It has 1,100 hours 95% rubber. Runs great. used on a pea farm. $,9200. Any info would be awesome!! Thanks!

Venom

It's nice to see that your time machine is working. I bet the 2040 Mustangs are pretty radical, what are they asking for them? I hope this is a sign that the US is still the US in 2040 and hasn't been taken over by the chinese.

Tazza

Staff member
It's nice to see that your time machine is working. I bet the 2040 Mustangs are pretty radical, what are they asking for them? I hope this is a sign that the US is still the US in 2040 and hasn't been taken over by the chinese.
Sorry, i can't comment on them, never worked on one.
The hours are good, tyres too. I'd see how it starts and runs. Its a bit hard when its 4 hours away though.... You want to be sure

Rookie

I just bought a '00 Mustang 2040 with 1,600 hours on it. I am the third owner. The first owner was a rental company (need I say more), and the second owner was a private contractor. It came with all of the manuals and repair & service documentation. The engine always starts on the first click and sounds great. The chains are quiet except for a little "clicking" sound when changing from fwd to reverse (listening for it) - says that the chains aren't too tight. Hydraulics are good and tight - no leaks. My tires have about 20% remaining. It needs bucket repairs - some straightening and new replaceable edges, a new seat, and a paint job. Paid $6k. I think you can do better. BTW, I'm very pleased with it so far.