Looking for slip on forks ideas

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

chuckinnc

Has anyone made a set of slip on forks for a standard 72" Bobcat bucket. I need to build a light weight set for moving junk like riding mowers or other items in the 500-800lbs range that won't fit in the bucket. I have several sets of old forklift forks but by the time I move them back to the top lip of my bucket it only leaves about 12-18" sticking past the teeth. So It looks like a need some other type of fork setup.

Tazza

Staff member
You could always make a dedicated forklift attachment that attaches to your bobtach?
I know its slower than simply throwing it on your bucket, but you will be able to lift far more and know it will not bend your bucket. I'm not sure i'd trust the slip on ones too much to not bend my bucket.

dozer

You could always make a dedicated forklift attachment that attaches to your bobtach?
I know its slower than simply throwing it on your bucket, but you will be able to lift far more and know it will not bend your bucket. I'm not sure i'd trust the slip on ones too much to not bend my bucket.
+1 with tazza. Once you have forks you will find many more uses for them and you will be able to lift far more closer to the machine vs. on bucket. You can buy plain jane pallet forks for less than $500 on Ebay
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-SKIDSTEER-P...emQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item45f0cf3c28
Go that way. You wont be dissapointed. I don't have those forks but I use mine almost every job I do.
Dozer