Looking for Bobcat 56 Mini Ex parts.

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Kilroy2k1

I just bought an old Bobcat model 56 which is also a rebadged Komatsu PC05-6. One of the previous owners blew out a final drive motor and decided to rip off all the drive parts and just drag it around from spot to spot. I'd love to get this unit mobile again but am dreading the cost. Does anyone know of anywhere to get used parts for this animal. It'll need bother drive motors, both idler pullys and spring tension bits and a set of tracks, metal or rubber dosent matter.. Ideas or recommendations? Thanks Tom.

Tazza

Staff member
The only other thing i'd be worried about it's condition is the pump that drives the tracks....
Have you asked Bobcat for prices on the required parts? it gives you a starting point, then when you have the numbers for the parts, you can look a little harder and hopefully find something.
Being a tracked machine, i feel that the motors will not be cheap at all.....

OP
OP
K

Kilroy2k1

The only other thing i'd be worried about it's condition is the pump that drives the tracks....
Have you asked Bobcat for prices on the required parts? it gives you a starting point, then when you have the numbers for the parts, you can look a little harder and hopefully find something.
Being a tracked machine, i feel that the motors will not be cheap at all.....
The pumps and valving are all in quite good shape, apparently its run for about 4 years like this. I'm not finding any reliable pricing yet, every place has "call for quote" on the komatsu part number and I don't have a manual to look up the bobcat part number. Still searching for any machine salvage yards within a reasonable ride of SW Ontario Canada too. I've got half a mind to slap a couple orbitals on it. lol Tom.

Tazza

Staff member
The pumps and valving are all in quite good shape, apparently its run for about 4 years like this. I'm not finding any reliable pricing yet, every place has "call for quote" on the komatsu part number and I don't have a manual to look up the bobcat part number. Still searching for any machine salvage yards within a reasonable ride of SW Ontario Canada too. I've got half a mind to slap a couple orbitals on it. lol Tom.
If you can find something the same basic size, it's not a silly idea to modify it to make it work. If you are just using it to get to the site to work, you don't need it sized just right to give maximum torque to push.
A lot of websites will not list prices, you need to call them. Kinda defeats the prupose hey?

OP
OP
K

Kilroy2k1

If you can find something the same basic size, it's not a silly idea to modify it to make it work. If you are just using it to get to the site to work, you don't need it sized just right to give maximum torque to push.
A lot of websites will not list prices, you need to call them. Kinda defeats the prupose hey?
Yeah, modifying something to make it work is becoming plan A now. Its not even for site work, its only for personal use. I have to fix my foundation and after that i can sell it off again. but my little 600 has a hard time moving it around so i wanted to get it back on its own feet. i have the Komatsu part number and have a few quotes on request, but still need the Bobcat numbers to search from that angle.